Not Much Going on

 here at the moment.  Lots of planning of forthcoming projects, things I need to do, and as a result I must have a strategy and plan of attack. There will be some posts on these in due course. I have been on the computer in this effect for the best part of the afternoon, but otherwise for the moment nothing practical has been happening.  It has therefore been a quiet day, but I have been cold and my fingers have been going blue again.  We have had the heating on, but it seems that every time I go into the kitchen I get perished and they go blue.  The kitchen and bathroom are perhaps the coldest rooms in the house.

Tea tonight has been quite simple; an "Old Faithful" Spaghetti Bolognese with grated Cheddar on top. I did not feel much like cooking tonight. Has gone down very nicely.

I picked up a UFO last night, but find myself stuck on the pattern.  If any of you knitters out there can untaffel me, it would be appreciated.  



I am working the shorter of the two jumpers modelled by the young lady.

I have 133 stitches on the needles.

I have knitted the rib in what is known as a three by three rib and now have to work a row where I cast off approximately 10 stitches to reduce number of stitches.



Pattern says the following:

Next Row:

P7 [5:5:11:5], p2tog, (p5 [4:4:4:4:5], p2tog) 14 [20:22:22:24:24] times, p8 [6:6:12:12:6]. 100[112:122:134:144:156] sts.

Change to 4 mm needles and proceed with rest of pattern.

*************

I have been working the second size on the pattern which is the first item in each bracket as I understand it.

*************

I have marked in inked brackets the section I am trying to tackle. This would leave a load of stitches either unknitted and I am somewhat stymied as to what to do.  Is there something missing from the pattern.




Are any of you able to help please?  Fingers crossed.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

  1. P 5 P2 tog -

    then (P 4, P2 tog 20 times)

    P 6. which should reduce your stitches from 133 to 112

    Good luck
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joan. It really is appreciated. I am off to have another go xx will let you know how I get on. xx

      Delete
    2. Sorry, the second line should read

      (P4, P2 tog) 20 times

      Joan

      Delete
    3. Joan have done that takes me to the middle of the row but with the amendments have made taking into account the stitches unknitted overall it will give me 112 stitches. Where the amendments stop do I just carry on with the rib stitch to the end of the row. It does not mention what to do there so take it that it is. Thank you once again x

      Delete
  2. Pattypan, after you've done the P4 P2 tog 20 times you hould be left with 6 stitches and you should P these which will correspond to the P5 at the beginning of the row making it equal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joan. Have managed to sort now. I had just knitted two stitches together 20 times. Your explanation made me realise that I had not knitted the four stitches in between. I think I read it wrong. It has now worked out beautifully. I couldn't understand why I had so many unknitted stitches on the needle. Thank you for being patient with me; I am still learning a lot. Once again thank you so much kind regards Tricia xx

      Delete
    2. You are welcome Pattypan. The row you have just purled is the start of the stocking stitch ie K 1 row, P 1 row. Patterns can be confusing when you are learning. I like the colours of the wool you are using.

      Delete
    3. Knitting is not my natural comfort zone but I am determined to get it done one way or the other. My Mum was very good at it both hand knitting, Arans, and machine knitting. I am trying to learn what I can and I have found that each piece I am doing I am learning a little more, I sort of know where I need to be but working out how that happens does tend to be confusing. I liked the wool as well; I bought it a little while ago and I think it is still available it is called Hayfield Spirit double knitting it has the code F252. Shade is 0408 and the lot is 1907 and is in 100g balls. I think they do different colourways with it as well if that helps. Once again, I am very grateful for you untaffling me.I have since changed needles and have a couple of the stocking stitch rows underway. Thank you for saving me and the knitting. Kind regards Tricia x

      Delete
  3. Hi, it wouldn't let me comment with my google account, so here I am anonymous. I am Terra from terragarden blog. You are using beautiful colors for your jumper, I can't help you though. Stay warm in your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terra, thank you. It is a lovely mixture of colours. Fortunately Joan, one of my readers has sorted me out. Managed to get quite a bit done as a result. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts