Quiet Day - Knitting

I have taken today off and have been sat knitting on my jumper a little bit as I am likely to have a busy week this week, and maybe will only get to the crafting of an evening if I am lucky.  So as I had nothing spoiling today I gave in.  I will be back to the knitting after tea just making the most of the time and chilling for a change.  As I say tomorrow will be another day and plans are very different.

Where I got to with the knitting last night




Where I was earlier on



Where I finished tonight



So quite a lot achieved today - more than I usually would.  Now hopefully will get back to knitting tomorrow evening.

Today we have a honey roasted chicken for dinner with mashed potatoes, carrots, peas, shredded cabbage and gravy.  No roasties today though so quite a simple meal.

If there are any leftovers (I am hoping there will be) then I plan to turn them into a Chow Mein style meal for tomorrow evening so that we do not waste anything at all.  I have a few veggies to use in any event and I have noodles in the Pantry and Soy sauce in the cupboard. I am not cooking extra veggies as I have planned the Chow Mein style meal for tomorrow in any event.  Quick food that will allow me get back to my knitting I hope.  

Hope everyone has had a good day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I can't believe how much you've done in a day. Looking really good and the colours are so vibrant.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan, all thanks to you. I haven't done anything else today apart from cook dinner. It has been lovely just to get on with the knitting without interruptions apart from our Jack Russell getting caught up in the wool whilst I was working and taffling everything up but that got sorted. I am not often afforded that luxury. I am pleased with how things are progressing. This is just the back and I have to knit 24-3/4 inches for the back before shaping the shoulders. Am at about 19 inches so far. Back to reality tomorrow and it will be evening before I will be able to sit and attack it again. Really am grateful for your help. Thank you once again Tricia x

      Delete
    2. I am glad I could help, but you don't need to thank me Tricia because all I did was break down a line of instruction so that it would be easier to understand. I started to learn to knit at seven years old and I am now 75 so I have knitted a lot of things for others as well as myself which included aran. fairisle, intarsia every type of pattern there could be and I considered myself an experienced knitter, but just a few years ago I was knitting a cardigan/jacket for my youngest Grand-daughter and came across an instruction that didn't make sense and after re-reading it several times and still not making sense I started to read the instructions from the beginning and I could see where I had read it wrongly. It is easily done. I hope you have a good day today with your cooking/preserving.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts