Shrove Tuesday - Pancake Day

 A quiet day today. Feeling brighter, but still not 100%.  

OH had an appointment earlier in the day, and Missy was not impressed when he disappeared and started howling!  She has an attachment disorder and takes some calming down, fortunately it did not take much to soothe her today.  She is getting worse which I think is down to the fact that her hearing is not too clever due to old age and she likes to have us in sight at all times this is one of the reasons we tend not to leave her until we have to as she does get into a right two and eight, hyperventilates, cries, is very vocal and shakes and shakes and shakes. She is an old lady 15 and is getting a tad grumpy with it as well.

Eventually himself came back and her little world was restored to order and I was able to get on with some jobs I had started.  Whilst I had been sat with her, I decided to tackle one of the lots of wool that had been washed and which had got taffled up into a right old mess in the washing machine.  I part did this last night, and managed to finish it off today which is a good job out of the way with.  There will be a separate post relating to craft items later in the week.

Tonight's tea has been a repeat of last night's tea.  Homemade stir fry together with a new batch of noodles.  Has gone down very nicely indeed.  Makes a very good and tasty meal.

I set too and made myself a pancake.  For some unknown reason tonight was not a night for turning pancakes intact and it split slightly so I was not able to roll it.  I did not have any oranges or lemons in the fridge.  I therefore used some of the homemade orange sugar on the pancake for the flavour and sweetness and it worked a treat.  I also added some strained tinned Mandarin oranges with a swirl of double cream on the top.  The only thing it could have done with was a little bit of dark grated chocolate.  However it has gone down extremely nicely.  OH does not have pancakes at all.  He is not keen.

Batter all whipped up.


Into the pan and starting to cook.



The orange sugar on the plate ready for receiving the pancake.



All ready for eating.




Now I am going to potter and sort some more things out that need doing in the greater scheme of things.  There is always something lurking that needs sorting.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts