Quiet Day

 A quiet day today; but then I am tired again.

I have found out though what is going on with my shoulder.  I have ruptured one of the tendons, and Consultant does not deem it suitable for surgery or injection.  Am being referred to Physio Department.  There is also some arthritis in there as well.  Am unable to lift anything properly with that arm at present.  From what I understand the physio will help in making the arm stronger and also help me cope with it better than I have been.  The worst part is at night trying to get comfortable and I often end up with disturbed sleep as a result. Well at least I now know what the prognosis is.  The Technician did tell me that there was a lot of wear and tear, although I have only had difficulties recently.  I am always tripping over my feet and falling, so am wondering if have done something then as when I fall I fall heavy.  Proper tumble tot at the age of 60+  Ah well at least I do not put my teeth through my bottom lip now!

I have prepped up a Cottage pie for tea this evening, and that is cooking in the oven as we speak.  We have a trifle for pudding.  That should do us for this evening.





We have the roast Pork for tomorrow night's tea.

The evening is lovely and light again.  Certainly gives me a little boost but still frustrated that cannot get on and do things.  Oh well it will sort itself out eventually.

My nephew is getting married on Tuesday and I wish him and his Fiancée every happiness.  He is a lovely lad and I am extremely fond and proud of him (as well as his brother).  I have not met the bride, but have heard nothing but good about her.  Shame I cannot be there, but there we are.  It is not a local wedding, but being held in Cheshire.  Sometimes we cannot do the things we really want to do because of one restriction or another. It does not help that I cannot drive and never will be able to and end up heavily reliant on others to get me here and there if they will.  Terribly independent me and do not like it but you have to roll with what is available to you.  Doctors will not sanction me driving under any circumstances;  I do find it very restrictive though. Such is life when you are a dotty 60+ something!

Sorry feeling my years a bit today.

Tea went down very nicely and has done the job.  Did really want to settle and do some knitting tonight, but am not really in the mood now I have sat down.  Maybe tomorrow.

Remember the clocks spring forward an hour tomorrow.  It maybe an hour less in bed, but it will mean longer daylight hours which I am pleased about.

Have a good evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




Comments

  1. Fellow tendonitis sufferer here. Try taking some paracetamol before bed. It does help me sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be wise to give knitting a miss while your shoulder is so sore-I find my previously damaged right shoulder can’t cope with too much knitting. Rest up and like you, I am enjoying the lighter days. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catriona. I have not been doing as much knitting since last time. Still trying to keep going just not every day - depends on how I feel. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts