What a lovely bright day

It has been today. 

I did not sleep well last night, due to a Jack Russell deciding to carry out night time manoeuvres.  She does pick her moments and then on top of that despite having been fed earlier decided it was crunch biscuit time. Unfortunately as she ages she is getting a very grumpy old lady and is likely to snap at OH in particular.  She does tend to think twice about me though, perhaps because I tell her off if she does misbehave herself.  Worse than children!

Needless to say Missy has been springing about everywhere and is now fast asleep making up on the sleep that she lost last night.

Me, I am glad it has been a brighter day although it has been a little chilly here and my hands are still going blue!  However that aside, am glad that we have the longer daylight hours even though I am out of synch with the clock at the moment.  Hope the weather stays good from now on in.  Would like to get down to Cornwall again if I can, but that is in the Lap of the Gods at the moment.

I managed to get a small pot of homemade pork dripping yesterday from the roast which himself has been tucking into. Proper pork dripping with lots of jelly underneath.  I am not touching it as do not want to overload on the fat element, even though I like it.  We had the Pork last night and tonight for tea and I do not want to be poorly with overdosing on the fat element.  I am therefore abstaining with common sense prevailing.

We have had a duplicate of the meal we had yesterday.  The meat has been finished off (with some scraps for the animals).  We still have the rest of the Cottage pie left so I think that will do nicely for tomorrow night's tea.  I am not one to waste things if I can help it.

Despite plans to knit for the past few days I have not got around to it, mostly due to my arm.  I will try again to carry on with my jumper as it helps keeps my fingers supple as well.  After year's and years of working as a Legal secretary/PA, even though I still type at home for myself, I have noticed that if I do not type my fingers are a little stiffer than they used to be, so better to keep moving where I can.  Hopefully tonight I will be able to settle.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited.

Am off to potter.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x






Comments

  1. “ Fingers crossed and toes plaited.” Never heard that before but I will from now on. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts