Bit of a Dull Day today

 Not firing on all cylinders first thing; had a rough night with my arm. Woke early at 5:30am to the dawn chorus.  Promptly fell back asleep again. However as the day has progressed I have got into the swing of things that little bit more.

Had told OH to expect the warning signal on our phones test.  Then I promptly forgot all about it.  Frightened to death when it did go off as it startled me but quickly realised what it was and switched it off.  I understand a lot of people did not get the warning or indeed it was a few minutes early or few minutes later for others.

Have been kitchen bound this afternoon, sorting stuff out, prepping and cooking tonight's tea using what I had already in the fridge.  We have had roast chicken and it has gone down very nicely.

Served it with roasted Leeks, roasted Onion and roasted Potato.  These were all popped in the pan with the chicken for tonight.  Made the gravy from the gravy and juices from everything as a base.

Accompanying vegetables were mashed potato, kale, spring veg shredded, carrots, and broccoli with lashings of gravy Has gone down very nicely indeed. I was considering adding a couple of Yorkshire puddings each.  Decided against it - glad I did.  Now stuffed.  Too full for pudding.  However it has served a purpose and was quite tasty.




Forgot to take a photo of the cooked chicken but here it is all plated up and ready to eat.




No gardening or seed sowing today.  Hopefully can get to do some tomorrow. I now have about 18 seedlings up on the Roma Tomato seed, with more expected.  No signs of the Courgettes yet - think they have gone down under.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited though.

Right am off to put my feet up.

Have a lovely evening wherever you may be.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. My phone rang - twice, my husband's never rang at all. My daughter and husband did not get an alarm on their personal phones, but both got them. On their work phones. All a bit crazy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, a lot of people are saying that they did not get the alert at all. Listening to the radio later on some received on time, some received before time and some after time and they say technology is the way to go! Crazy yes. I see the pros and the cons! Keep safe xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts