Molly


I am sorry it is not a full post today.   Unexpectedly my cat Molly passed to Rainbow Bridge this morning which was very much a shock.  I went downstairs first thing  to feed them first and make the first cuppa of the day as is my usual routine.  Before doing anything else, went to call them and only one cat put in an appearance.  Mischief.  I proceeded to call Molly - she was always prompt on parade for her food.  No appearance at all which got me seriously worried. I knew this day would come one day, but not quite so quickly. I found her passed away peacefully on the floor under the dining room table.  She was still warm, but had started to stiffen. It looks as though she had gone peacefully this morning . She will be buried along with the rest of the cats down by the Cherry Tree stump.



Molly came to us 10 years ago as a stray kitten I took in off the street. Molly was a really pretty, cheeky, feisty, sassy puss who I thought the world of.  The house feels empty without her heartbeat even though we still have Mischief and Missy.  Molly was always my cat and only ever came to me for feeding and snuggles otherwise she was a very aloof cat.  I put this down to the fact that she had given her heart to her previous owners, who then abandoned her on the street.  She gave me two litters of kittens after escaping twice.  Unfortunately the first litter of three died.  The second litter she had five kittens and she reared all successfully.  However, Mischief is the only one left.

Mischief seems a bit lost as she has always been surrounded by other cats and has never been on her own.  She is a very sociable cat who just loves to be fussed and so she has been brought into the same room as Missy and ourselves for the company.  They say animals do not feel the loss, but I know differently from the reactions of my animals over the years. Molly and Mischief had frequently in this past year shared a bed curled  up around each other. 




Molly and Missy had a love hate relationship and so we tended to keep them apart unless we were supervising but never let them be on their own together.  That would have ended up in a fight and fur flying. Mischief and Missy tend to get on for the best part and always have since Mischief was a tiny kitten.  Molly was also a bit awkward as if she got the hump with you she would end up ticking you off by something she should not do. Talk about cussed. We also kept her out of the front room because of the Leather suite as she decided she was going to have a go at that.  

Fortunately she got to go on holiday last year and spend valuable time with us in the caravan.  Both cats were extremely good on the journey down - no crying whatsoever and they seemed to like the freedom of the van and getting a lot of attention.

Molly's last photo a few weeks ago now cuddled up in her bed fast asleep.



I have had many animals over the years; all of them characters and so giving so full of unconditional love.  Molly will be very sadly missed as all of them are. Run over the Rainbow Bridge sweet friend and fly free.

Hugs.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Aww, what a gorgeous looking cat, you have my deepest sympathy. The feeling of loss is awful - I know this myself as on 11th April my 14mth old lab died suddenly and unexpectedly, right before my eyes, here at home in less than 2 mins, seemingly a fit & healthy young dog. A suspected cardiac event was the cause. I remember seeing your cats in your van in Cornwall on your instagram & thought how lovely that you took them on holiday. Sending best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me add my condolences. It is so hard to lose a pet.

      Delete
    2. Thank you xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much. It is never a good time when a much loved pet passes over. So sorry about your Labrador that is young. Molly has gone in her sleep she was stretched in full sleep mode and looked peaceful. Just one of those things. Life has its own pattern and timeline it is just about making the most of that which is about you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my sympathies Pattypan, but at least she died at home where she felt safe, and didn't suffer. Sending (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BB; you are quite right. She absolutely hated Vets of any description. It was just such a shock. I shall miss her as she was extremely vocal and used to follow me around downstairs chuntering and chatting away. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts