Monday

 Been a bit of a miserable day here today and a little chilly.  I have been working in the kitchen again (never-ending) but there we are.  Such is life.

Due to me doing stuff in the background we have had a quick scratch tea i.e. egg, bacon and tomatoes, with bread and butter on the side; using stuff I had easily had to hand and making sure that everything gets used up.  Sometimes it is good to do so to clear stuff up that needs using. Today's tea involved using up the last of a packet of bacon, and some eggs.  A tin of tomatoes was added last minute just to make a bit more of a meal of it.



As I am now into growing stuff from seeds I am getting into the habit of moving stuff around on a daily basis and spraying with a little water if necessary.  I use a water spray so that I do not drown them. I am using limited space in the house which has not necessarily got the best light, but it is what it is, at least they are warmer in the house than outside. The Roma tomatoes are coming on great guns at the moment and I now have about 24 plants that have sprouted with still more on the way.  Still waiting on the others, but it is a good routine to get into, when not for the seeds for plants etc. I think I may be transplanting these tomato seedlings by the end of the week at the rate they are growing.

I have been doing deep cleaning of appliances, Microwave, Electric oven, Gas cooker.  I did the chip pan the other day.  I have also sorted both bread machines. So that is a good job done for another month.  

More to do tomorrow as there are some items in the dining room which need to go into the kitchen.  I also have to find a place to pop the new grater/slicer machine where it is easily accessible.

Think it will be a washing day tomorrow as the weather does not look too bad.  Keen to take advantage of the weather to get clothes dry.

I am still looking for new to me recipes.  Have located several just recently.  Just now need to make notes so that I can get set too and have a play once the kitchen is finished.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts