Seeds are Sprouting

Tuesday

I checked on my seeds today keeping fingers crossed that I would have some sprouting and to my delight some of my Roma tomato seeds are coming through.  I counted four earlier on.  Just taken over a week to start to come through.

The Ghost Chilli has grown a little more and has thrown up a second sprout (which at the moment we are not sure whether it is going to make it or not).  My PP chilli is not showing yet.  Needs a few more days.

I am going to plant up some Runner Beans later on; Scarlet Emperor -  two to a pot as I always do and I shall look for my Sweet Pea seeds as well.  Lots more to go in yet, but today has been a washing day whilst the weather is warmer (we have a wind as well) which is ideal for getting the washing dry.  So it is all systems go in the kitchen.  

We were supposed to have steak, chips, fried onions and mushrooms last night for tea and again tonight, but changed our minds and had a couple of Ham buns each (Monday) (fresh from the Bakery) with some Wiltshire Ham.  Went down very nicely as we were not really that hungry. Tuesday I had some quiche and OH had some fried cheese (poor man's fondue)!  We will try again on the steak front tomorrow.

Monday night I started to do a little sorting in the back bedroom and came across a Cross Stitch Chart entitled "Time and Season" kindly given to me by my sister-in-law Chrissy (now sadly no longer with us went tragically and suddenly).  Chrissy was a fantastic needlewoman and this particular chart the words resonate so strongly and I loved her finished version of this.  I love Samplers in any event.  I therefore decided that I would try and put together a rough cost outline to get this project on to the "To do List".  I just had the cross stitch chart and could not locate the "Legend" i.e. the symbols for the threads, colour codes etc.  I therefore nipped online and was lucky enough to locate it so I am technically in a position to work it once fabric and threads are sorted.  I have worked out that it will probably cost around the £40 mark to make.  This is worked on an Oatmeal 14 Count Aida fabric and is 23 inch x 15 inch in size.  There are 18 threads in all.  One of them I could not source, but have sourced some with one number different on the code so will order that.


During the sort out I also found some threads that were missing out of another kit and which I had been looking for.  They are therefore in a separate bag to join up with the original kit.

I have also found some other kits that have gone missing.  Although I am sourcing and obtaining the  materials and threads for this one, I do have other items that I am going to be working and finishing off before this.  I am hoping to get back into the swing of things on the UFO front from this weekend.  There are several smaller projects that need to be sorted. If we get to the caravan this year, I will be taking this new one with me.

Have been somewhat without energy again today, but I have been looking after me for a change.  Sorted my nails and gave them a coat of varnish - a novelty for me; however I made the effort today.  Am going to start doing things like this to make me feel better about myself at least a couple of hours a week.  Really I need to locate a new hairdresser as my hair is driving me nuts. It needs a good cut.  The one I have used for 37 years who was straight over the road has retired.  Her prices were reasonable as well.  

Wednesday

I woke up early and fell back asleep again.  Weather forecast for today indicated that it was going to rain.  I left washing out overnight because it was wet (the washing) and by the time I got up it was nice and dry as the Sun has been out to play.  It has been a lovely day weatherwise, getting very warm towards the middle of the afternoon. However, today I have had a better day. Pistons are firing a little more easily (well I am an Engineer's daughter)! 

I think that the "Me time" is paying off.  I not only painted my nails yesterday, but I have also started paying attention to my skin.  I have always been terribly lucky in having a good complexion, and my skin has never been dry.  However this last winter I have suffered from dry skin quite badly I am therefore trying to sort this out a bit so that I can enjoy any good weather that we have during the lighter and warmer months, and go bare legged and bare footed.  I have always been one to potter around in my bare feet during the Summer months; I don't really like shoes. I am therefore putting in place a new moisturising regime for my skin.  It is a long time really since I have bothered with me; I tend to put everyone else first and then there is not much time for me at the end of the day.  I am aiming for a bit more moderation on this score.

Tea tonight has been making use of what I had to hand in the fridge and elsewhere.

We have had a very nice Rib Eye steak each which was cooked rare for OH and medium rare for me. It cut like butter.  I served with fried red onions as I had run out of ordinary onion.  Get another net of onions tomorrow. I had some potatoes that needed using up as well so homemade chips joined the plate with a couple of fried eggs for himself.  Must say went down very nicely.  I used the Himalayan salt on the chips tonight.  Sometimes I use homemade Rosemary salt.






As I have said has gone down very nicely indeed.

Before I could cook the chips, I had to strip the Fat Fryer down as it needed new oil.  We do use the Ninja for chips but tend to prefer the traditional way.  Needless to say the Fryer got sorted and the chips went in.  The potatoes needed using up as well as they were the end of a sack.  I have a new sack to start another day. I absolutely hate cleaning the Fryer out though as the edges on the enamel frying pans and the stainless outer are a bit sharp.  Managed to take the top of a nail off tonight, so that has demolished the nail varnish from yesterday!

On the seed front I have got some Trailing Nasturtiums set today together with some dwarf French Beans which are now sitting on the kitchen windowsill.  I have popped some Sweet Peas to soak overnight and hopefully will get them set tomorrow.  I have three different varieties. I love Sweet Peas and am looking forward to using them in Planters as well as in a traditional "Fence" of Sweet Peas.  I am itching to get more set, however I need those Greenhouses up before can do too much more as I am running out of space.  Have some single pots to do but I can always squeeze the, in somewhere.  It is the bigger trays I have the problems with.  At least I am getting some stuff started.  Am going to set some Mustard and Cress trays later on as well.

Right am off to potter.

Have a lovely evening everyone and I just hope the weather is nice tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hi, your blog only lets me post as anonymous, I am Terra at terragarden blog, just wanted to say that like you I love planting seeds and saved lots of zinnia seeds from last fall to plant now. It is fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terra, sorry about that. I have issues with my computer at the moment not working as it should. Think I have too much stored which has slowed down the system. I am in the pros of sorting out some of this anyway it is just time consuming. Email box is dealt with now for the photos (which is where I suspect the problem is). Bear with me and hopefully will get things sorted. I love growing stuff from seeds in particular, take after my Nan and my Mum in that respect. Hope you are keeping well take care Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts