Sowing Tales and More Seeds and other Bits and Bobs

Last night the Sweet Pea seeds were soaked and were ready for me to plant this morning.  







They have since been dealt with, in their pots and hopefully fingers crossed they will now grow.  I have used the Old Fashioned Mixed, Heirloom Bicolour Mixed and Giant Waved Mixed varieties of seed as they are perfumed. Three varieties in all. Sweet Peas have a special memory for me from when I was a little girl, as my Mum always used to grow a trellis of them.  When they were ready she would then cut the stems and bring them into the house whereupon they would scent the room.  Summers always seemed a lot warmer when I was a child. Happy Days.

We have had another sunny day here in Peterborough thank goodness as it has given me some "Me time" to potter in the sun and just mindfully set about the task in hand. Even though it has been windy, it has been superb washing drying weather and I have taken full advantage even doing a load of handwashing to get out on the line as well.   Me time today has been having time to wash my hair, condition it and then let it dry naturally. My hair has gone thin to what it was, I think am going to have to make some Rosemary hair oil to massage into my scalp.  It is supposed to help with the thinning. I am trying each day to just do something for me.  Something which is very alien to me.

I still have part of the Herb garden to clear away and sort out and I have made a start on this outstanding task.  Once this is done, I can then clear the back path.  This has to be done before I can get get the planters up outside the bathroom and kitchen windows. When the Sun is out I just want to be pottering in the garden, just being quiet, still and in nature.  All plays a part in keeping the Soul fed. 

The next stage after this will be the next tranche of the garden where the shed used to be.  There are a lot of weeds around the slab area and so these need removing to clear the area up to the slabs.  I hope to get OH at some time to put up the brackets and my "Window Boxes" outside the Bathroom and Kitchen Windows.  I am growing a lot of the seeds that will be going in these.  Nasturtiums, Lobelia, Ivy, Herbs.  I also have Wallflowers, Delphiniums, Foxgloves, Lupins, Aubretia on the go to create a mini style Cottage Garden.  However, I do need to get into the garden to get the garden tidy and the soil ready for the plants to go into.  I am hoping that the weather is reasonable so that I can get out over the next few days to try and engage with this and get a little more sorted. (unfortunately at about 5pm tonight it started raining and has been chucking it down ever since.  Forecast is not good for tomorrow either) so time for indoor chores!

Once I can get out into the garden and get stuck in I can get quite a lot done.  However, there is some work that I will need assistance with we have some self-set Buddleias.  I intend to take some cuttings for pots, but the resident ones are far too big.  I love gardening having been surrounded by people who loved to garden I suppose it has always been a rhythm and backdrop to my life. My Dad had a prize-winning allotment and grew a lot of great veg. I also need to get some of the planters ready to sow veggies direct into, primarily Courgettes which I am waiting for them to sprout these are yellow ones but I also intend on planting some green ones as well.  I have a lot of plans for these, but I also have Carrots, lettuce, mixed leaf salad etc. to sow.

The Roma Tomatoes are still coming through.  I also have Cucumber plants starting to sprout.  The Ghost Chilli is nearly up to its second set of leaves and will need potting on soon.  Does not look at the moment as if we are going to get any more however will still wait and see. My PP chilli has not done anything yet.

I saved some Pumpkin seeds last year from a bought Pumpkin and I know the seeds are viable as I accidentally spilt some and they started growing.  They will be put in soon.  Am still waiting on the Bix Max Pumpkin, yellow Pear cherry tomatoes, Cayenne Peppers, and Herbs to sprout.  Should not be too much longer.

Still a productive day and have been able to enjoy what I have been doing.  Simple things have their own beauty.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts