The Quiet after the storm

...... after a difficult day yesterday and one that really took the rug out from underneath my feet as I had not expected it.  Molly had been quiet during the week and intermittingly seeking cuddles but that is how she was.  As long as she got her cuddles, grooming, could sit on a windowsill and her food each day she was happy.  My cats are indoor cats because of the road in front of the house.  I thought that she would go on for a while yet.  I am sorry if these posts are not your thing, but my pets have and always will be members of my family; a part of me. I am an animal lover and have always spent a lot of time with them enjoying them and their unconditional love.  It is just our way.

Mischief has come in with us and is not where she used to be with her Mum.  She seems content as long as she has someone around her.  She chose to sleep on me last night, despite being provided with a comfy bed, but it is what it is.  It will settle in due course.  Animals do grieve too in their own subtle ways.  She is coming for more frequent cuddles though.  Her and her Mum were often found together cuddled  up in bed.




I probably have different understanding of life and death to most.  I believe that it is the physical vessel that empties and releases the essence (the love, the character, the mischievous behaviour) and it is the soul and spirit which moves on elsewhere. Molly's physical has now been "planted" since it is the season of planting in the garden under the canopy of what was the old cherry tree.  This is just the physical body; which will renew and replenish the earth.  The soul, energy and essence of my little cat; has travelled on.  I feel she is with my Mum as I smelt Mum's perfume yesterday.  Mum used to wear "Paris" perfume which is a perfume I do not have and have never worn.  I get a waft occasionally and know she is around.  Mum was frightened of cats in later life although I had them as a toddler. Of course Molly attached herself to Mum and was reasonably gentle to her and I think Mum was quite taken with her. Most other cats had gone for her and scratched her. There is no real surprise to me here.  Molly did not attach to everyone she was a little hesitant and selective and it tended to be me she came too.  When she had her kittens she waited for me to be her birthing partner and then brought them to me when she was ready to introduce them and let me handle them.

It has been a much warmer day with the Sun out for this Bank holiday weekend so far. I am enjoying being out in nature.  Maybe later on I will put a post up about tackling the garden.  I am only a little way through at the moment. Because of the cold (I feel it quite badly) and being away last year did not get into the garden in the autumn. 

Whilst clearing the area of the garden which was severely overgrown, I had a Robin join me a couple of times.  There is a saying that "When Robins appear, loved ones are near".  I believe he was after the worms! 😍

Life is so precious we must make the most of what passes our way and live in the moment whilst we can. Time is a manmade instrument and fleeting. Yesterday is gone, today is the present we give ourselves and tomorrow is not promised. Sometimes we are not given the chance to say goodbye.  That's a bummer!

I am burying myself in nature and simply being. My seeds are doing well. The Cayenne Peppers are slowly starting to sprout as have the Nasturtiums and there are signs of life with the Dwarf French Beans. No show on the Herbs yet but it is still early days. I have more seed sowing to attend to and I also have to prick out my tomato seedlings and get them labelled up. I have Roma and also Yellow Pear cherry tomato seedlings thus far. It will be easier to get seeds and planters started once they are up and running. The seeds that are dragging their heels at the moment are the Gherkins. Amendment here. They have since poked through as have the Cucumbers. Might have to set some more in the greenhouses but will also set some up inside again as well to increase production a little bit.


The weather looks good for here over the weekend and so I have managed to get into the garden to do some more work.  I need to clear where I want the greenhouses so I intend to get stuck in and blow the house at the moment in order to get that sorted so that I can get the seeds into the greenhouses.  I have two small walk in greenhouses.  One had been put up and the cover had been retrieved and put up because the storms blew it off.  The other one has not been assembled as yet.  I will then have to work my way from down the garden up to the house to the patio which is not what I had planned; it is however what I will have to do so that I can get a wriggle on with the sowing, pricking out, growing and in some cases transplanting that needs doing and the time I have available to me.  I have also found some small Ivy plantlets which I have transferred and re-planted to my hanging baskets.  One piece of each that I put in earlier had not taken.  Hopefully this remedies matters.  Am going to give a feed and water up.  Hopefully soon I can get them hung on the brackets.

We still have not been to the tip.  Will probably now go during the week.  We are going to end up with a lot more to take as a result and it might mean at least a couple of trips but at least each trip the car is going to be full.  I have since added another three bags and a bag of broken plastic and pots.

I do not see us getting to Cornwall probably until later in the year which is a pity as at the moment I could do with the peace and quiet. If we get the opportunity to go before then, then we will go like a shot.  I would quite happily live down there for myself.  So much available to do on the doorstep as it were and a choice of a simpler way of life if you want it.

Not sure what we are having for tea tonight.  Might be fridge pickings.  Have Pork pie, Wiltshire ham, quiche, cheese etc.  Due to me being out in the garden.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Thank you once again for your condolences and sympathies.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. A lovely post. I have the same views regarding death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute to your loved one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts