Thursday

I managed to get the first tranche of the crafting stuff sorted out last night and into new bags.  There were a few kits I had forgotten about as per usual.  I am being good though hands off.  At least I now know where they are.  Another part of a much bigger jigsaw sorted.  I still have a fair old bit to do which is going to take ages.  At least now I will be able to locate things if I need them.  Was very tired last night and crashed a bit.  Still not firing on all cylinders.

This morning when I did my morning inspection of the seeds, the Green Courgettes are now through.  I do the inspection twice daily as some of the trays dry out extremely quickly and there are also those that remain moister. I am keeping an eye on things as I do not want any of the seeds damping off.  It does not help that this is an old house and it is not particularly warm in the kitchen and bathroom which is where the seeds are being stored but it is a lot warmer than outside.  We are supposed to have a warmer day tomorrow.  If that is the case I will put the seeds out in the warmth and then get some seeds sown.  Did not get to them today.

I have also been introduced to UKTV Free streaming service this afternoon.  This for me is a good thing as quite frequently I end up watching something I do not want to because of himself.  Fair's fair and all that, but there are a lot of programmes I like especially dramas, and historical things etc. that he just is not into. I am therefore thinking that this is going to work nicely for me.

Otherwise I have been in the kitchen cooking tea.  We have had the Hawaiian Chicken recipe that I linked to in a post a couple of days ago, which is a lovely filling recipe for a weeknight tea but also a simple and lovely supper to serve and use for entertaining friends for a meal.  Has gone down very nicely. Filling but tasty.  






Today I added in more veggies than the recipe says i.e. leek chopped finely, carrot batons, a red pepper sliced, a red onion sliced, some kale leaves chopped.  I also added half a tin of leftover tomatoes to the sauce and added a small tin of pineapple and a larger tin of peach slices both were in syrup but juice works just as well.







Served with white rice, it was very tasty and went down an absolute treat.  It is a while since we have had this.  All I bought in was chicken thighs £3.04 for 6 (these were quite large from Morrisons).  The rest was veggies I had inhouse together with items like cornflour, peaches, pineapple, half a tin of leftover tomatoes, seasonings, vinegar etc. I did not have Spring Onions but I did have Leek. No white onion but I did have red and so on.

Think it might be something with sausages tomorrow.  Maybe sausage, mash and Yorkshire pudding with gravy.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




Comments

  1. That sounds very tasty. Glad you have got some more craft kits etc sorted out. I was given a x-stitch kit for my birthday - an easyish one to do but need to finish my Devon village first - just the back-stitching to do now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts