Update onTuesday

After a cold night last night (Monday night) where I made sure that there were no seed trays on the windowsills and that everything was covered up, I have woken to find that my Yellow Pear cherry tomatoes are starting to put in an appearance and there are a few more Roma Tomato plants popping up as well; I counted about 30 sprouts all told. I think that there is a Pumpkin starting to sprout as well as some of the Yellow Courgettes. Nothing on the Cayenne Peppers yet or indeed the Gherkins.  Still nothing on the Herbs either. Things are starting to happen little by little. Only little simple things; they bring much pleasure.  New life is always wondrous and full of joy.  Makes me smile as I love growing from seed.

Sometimes it does you good to do the things you love.  Makes you grow in a different way.  If  you are working all the time and do not get times of pleasure inbetween, it is a pretty dreary life.  Have been there and worn the sweatshirt.  I am very much trying to work with what I have at the moment rather than what I do not have.  I have plenty of seeds and the determination to get things sorted in the garden this year.  Hopefully fingers crossed I will have a fair amount of food to eat and preserve as a result of this.

OH nipped to the shop for me yesterday in order to get some Bacon, Chicken Thighs, Mince, Sausages, Milk, Cheese. Tea and bread.  Just a few things to top the fridge and cupboard up with.

Plans for using these up are to make some Bacon and Cheese pockets with some Puff pastry I have in the fridge. In breakfast, Bacon sarnies, a Quiche, an Egg and Bacon Pie.

The Chicken thighs are going to be turned into a sweet and sour Peach or Pineapple Chicken with peppers and served with white rice. This is how it is normally served.  It is quite a forgiving dish. The recipe is known as Hawaiian Chicken and the link is here:

Hawaiian Chicken

The sausages are destined for a Toad in the Hole, a breakfast or two for himself and probably a Sausage and roasted veggie traybake.

The mince is going to be used for a Spaghetti Bolognese or a Lasagna and also a Cottage Pie.

Tuesday night was a picky night on the food front.  OH could not settle for what he wanted to eat and I therefore popped on some baked potatoes for him and he had them with grated cheese.

I have another seed sowing session planned for Wednesday. Weather forecast is predicted to be overcast and cloudy but warmer.  Might be an ideal day to get the next tranche of sorting everything done. I have plenty of trays it is just the space to put them I am restricted by, however shall do what I can to incorporate everything.  If the weather is sunnier, then I shall hopefully get out into the garden for a little while to do some more work.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts