Wednesday Roundup



Today when I checked on the plants I now have 6 yellow Courgettes that have popped through and more than 30 Roma Tomatoes. Some pricking out is on the cards by the end of the week. I also have about 10 of the Yellow Pear Cherry tomatoes that have come through too and the Courgettes are getting a wriggle on.  Needless to say the planned setting of seeds did not take place today. Forecast for tomorrow is rain from about 2:00pm although it may not happen. I am therefore hoping to get out into the garden for a while in the morning instead and get them sown.

Today I have been on the computer quite a bit as I was trouble-shooting. For some unknown reason I suspect it was a crash everything went wrong and as a result I ended up with my settings being changed and my keyboard would not work. I therefore spent quite a few hours re-setting and sorting and then even after all that it would not work. Changed the batteries as a last resort and we have lift off. It is working and letting me type at the present.  Needless to say not much else got done today.  The computer does at present seem to be working a lot more efficiently and quickly as well.  So some good has come of it.  Another thing off the check list.  However I still need to tackle those photos.  That is going to take a little while.

We  (or should I more rightly say himself) had had another fry up today.  I had a sausage sandwich, just because it was quick to make and I needed a super quick meal for tea tonight as I have some other things to deal with.

I have also ended up trying to sort out a second hand fabric handbag bought by a very good friend as a present from a Charity shop.  It kept collapsing on itself and would not sit right or hang correctly and so for a little while tonight I have been armed with some cardboard and a pair of scissors in an attempt to make it a bit stronger.  It is better than it was but some further improvements can be made I think. I might glue some wadding on it to pad it before covering it with a toning fabric. It is sitting better than it was but it does need to be a bit sturdier.  I am keen to use this little bag as an everyday bag.  I do not see the point in not making do and mend with it in the first instance just to get a little bit of mileage out of it.  I might even add some toning braid around the outside.  I will play with it and see how it comes out first though before fiddling with it too much.

I am also sorting out some of my crafting items into a bit more manageable bags so that I can easily get to them.  It is the sort of thing I can do of an evening when I am not too tired for a little while. These are not the same items I did a few weeks ago.  Needless to say I am finding all sorts of goodies and I have got to behave myself. UFO's first. Hopefully by the weekend or over the weekend I will be able to get back on track to the crafting of an evening. I need it as much as it needing to be done. With these lighter nights I have been pottering doing other things either outside or in the kitchen.  I am thinking of sitting down from about 8pm of an evening in order to do this and then either listen to the TV or listen to YouTube or a Podcast.

Sometimes a lot gets done and another time not quite so much but at least things are getting done rather than coming to a standstill which is better than nothing.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Using up some tartan fat quarters I am making a fabric bag to use indoors when I don't have pockets to hold things. It is all done by hand as I don't have a sewing machine and the stitches aren't all that neat, but most of them won't be seen anyway seeing as I'm only using it indoors. Like you I didn't want a floppy bag so I am going to sew on the outside some fabric patches which I've had since the 1970s/80s. Sewing through the outer and lining fabric I think/hope it will 'appear' quilted on the inside and make it less floppy. I am taking my time with it and thinking through each stage and beyond thoroughly as I don't want it to be a total waste of time and material as I'm not a sewer, although I do know how to do it.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts