A Pottering Sort of Day

 I have had a couple of appointments to make today.  The first was to book my Covid Booster jab and the second is that I have received an appointment (telephone appointment) to speak with a Physio about my arm and the rotor cuff issues.  That will be a couple of weeks away, but at least it is an appointment.  I have been doing some upper arm exercises in any event, but not sure I am doing the correct ones.  However it is exercise.

Some more washing dealt with today and have got it dried.  Weather was overcast this morning but this afternoon the Sun has come out to play.  The forecast for Bank holiday weekend also looks good so hopefully I will get back into the garden again and get things sorted a bit more.  Unfortunately due to a lack of energy have not been able to do much; not that I have  not wanted to; I have been willing the body has not co-operated!

After the large meal we had for tea last night, I decided that tonight was going to do something simple.  I had thought that I still had my sandwich maker, but it seems to have been sent to the big skip in the sky at some point.  I therefore ended up doing cheese and onion toasted sarnies on the griddle on the cooker.  They did not turn out too badly at all however I forgot to photograph.  Followed by a fresh pear which was delicious; nicely ripe and chilled just how I like them.  I store them in the fridge in any event.

I did not go for a walk today with the pooch, as I was busy doing something in the kitchen at the time they disappeared. I therefore did not get anymore Cleavers to try the tea again.  Maybe tomorrow. Still a bit more to do, but lots of sorting been going on.

Going to potter a little bit more before sitting down  and maybe do a little more on the computer on some of the long-term projects I have started.

Been warm here today and is still very warm; would rather be down in Cornwall, but that will happen in its own time as do many other things in life.  However, it is a beautiful place to be and when I am down there I enjoy the peace and the quiet compared to living in a very busy City.  In the interim the garden will keep me occupied more than anything else as well as hopefully to provide a little produce for eating.  I do need to go and get some cardboard boxes from the shop though to put down on the areas that I have cleared to try and prevent any weed regrowth.  If the weather stays good I am hoping that greenhouses will be sorted this weekend.  I do have some planters of Spinach, mixed salad leaves done so hopefully they come through in due course.

At some point I also have the Rhubarb to tackle, but kitchen needs to be tidy before I start that.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts