Garden Tales Taming the Garden Day 3 Part 3 Actual Day - Thursday 4 May 2023

 And so the rubbish from the garden continues to build up.  I already have loads of bags filled with mostly green waste from trimming the Bay tree, and emptying pots, and weeding part of the garden.



All these planters below also need to be sorted out, some of them washed and stashed away on the racking which also needs to be sorted out.


I managed to clear the pavement, and the side in front of the patio slabs of weeds, and get this all sorted with being swept, and weed killer put down the sides and the seams of the pavement.  I have had to resort to the weed killer as I cannot get the weeds out of here.  I have only used a very small amount and it is not a glycophate, but still something I prefer not to use.  I tend to use white vinegar but as I do not have any to hand at the moment and we had a little weed killer this is what I used.  It is not going on any growing area or where wildlife is feeding either.

After clearing this area I then set about half of the pots and re-stacked them back on the cleared area.  I still have some more of these pots to finish off.



I did not start on this border next as there was too much to do and only a certain amount of time to do things in on this particular day.  I therefore did the opposite border to this one and I also cleared all the planters down the side of the fence as well.  So this section  up to the long planters in the second photo has also been cleared and sorted.




Quite a lot of work achieved here, but still no end left to do.  Plan is to work the well weeded border next and weather permitting.  It might mean me doing a bit of an evening if I cannot get to the task in hand during the day, but as long as there is movement and it is continuing to get sorted that is what I am aiming for.  I do not want things to come to a full stop. Therefore very much a Work in Progress (WIP).  However it will be worth it in the end.

Catch you soon with the next instalment.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts