Hot, Hot, Hot, Cleaver Tea and Chicken Tea

We took Missy for a walk this afternoon and the thermometer on the car showed 22 degrees!  Fortunately we have air-conditioning not that I get to appreciate much of it as I have Missy in front of it keeping cool!  We always take a bottle of water with us as well, just in case she gets a little too hot.

I picked up some of the Cleavers to try the tea today.  I did not get many just a small bunch which I collected before we left for home.  They wilted in approximately 5 minutes but I made Cleaver tea as soon as we got in for myself.

Popped into the strainer within the Herb Tea pot.  This is something I have had for many years and it was bought as a Herb Tea pot.  It has over the years been used to make all sorts of different Tisanes .  More often referred to as "Tisanes" rather than being a true tea.  A good way of getting good nutrients into your system and it also gets you drinking more water.  I particularly like fresh lemon, fresh ginger root and a little honey as a "Tisane".  Although the bought versions are not too bad they are far better made fresh in my opinion.  Especially the Lemon and Ginger.



I added hot boiled water and then poured through the centre of the strainer and in so doing the "juices" from the plant material filter out. I leave to steep for about 15 minutes.  If you notice in the pot below there is a slight green tinge to the liquid.



Adding in a couple of slices of Lemon with a tiny bit of honey.  I did try on its own.  It was not unpleasant but I do not think that I had enough plant material really to get a good brew.  Will try it again tomorrow and use more plant material and see how it comes up then.



I used a small coffee cup to serve in.






We are having roasted chicken thighs for tea with asparagus, mashed potatoes, carrots, kale, broccoli to be served with gravy.  Not too much just enough for tonight as we have not had a proper cooked meal for a couple of days as my focus has been elsewhere. Although last night we did have Ham, egg and homemade Chips which went down very nicely. 

Looking forward to tonight's tea as it will make a nice change. Have since had this and it was absolutely delicious. I have saved some of the Asparagus back as I am going to make a veggie Quiche another day.



Right am off to feed the animals and then put my feet up.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts