Real Life

The original title for this post was "Weekly Roundup", which sounds like a weed killer!

As the subject content changed, I thought it had better have a different title.

Oh well.  It has been a busy old week.  I have popped up several posts on my progression with the garden.  We are not there yet, still a way to go.  My energy levels are a lot better; my arm is kicking off again so better to be in the house and having  a rest day so far as the arm is concerned.  I am still waiting to hear about physio, but in the meantime, I am doing a few upper arm exercises each day to try and increase my upper arm strength but also to increase my flexibility a bit more.  Chosen time is when I am on my own in the kitchen listening to the radio.  If anyone saw me they would think I am an absolute Loon.  Mad as a Hatter!  That is par for the course around here and part and parcel of what I get up to.  Life is for living no matter how disgracefully!

Sunday (yesterday), I was not able to get out despite it being a warm day due to some other stuff I had planned; on the basis that I had thought would be a cooler day and which now needs doing as a priority.  Weather has been up and down here quite a bit and not necessarily as forecast.  Although it has been warm today. 

I cooked a full roast, so a lot of kitchen bound duties in relation to that were in hand, which takes up quite a bit of time.  Nice bit of Pork with roast potatoes, peas, carrots, broccoli, cabbage and a little mashed potato.  As per usual I have doubled up on the veggies so that we can have a ping meal tomorrow night. I must say it was very tasty and went down a treat. Saves on energy of all sorts, cooker, my energy, washing up etc. so is a good one to perform when a full blown meal is being prepared.





Hopefully I will be able to get into the garden early again on Monday and start bogging in again to move it onto the next stage.  Storms stopped play the other day and I was not really up to it yesterday.  Sod's law! Meant to  be light breeze and rain showers today (Monday).  Hopefully will be able to get into the garden and crack on with finishing off the top end of the garden in order that I can then concentrate on getting the bottom sorted and the greenhouses up.  Then I can concentrate on clearing the rest of it.  

Managed to get my missing seeds sown yesterday as well.  Lovage, Summer Savoury, Borage, Chervil etc.  Quite pleased about this.  Still loads to do though.

Early Monday Morning

Real life consists of the cat not being very well first thing this morning and so I was out of bed to deal with her; a rude awakening but these things happen in real life.  We live in an imperfect world, so why should things be perfect.  Mischief then decided that she was going to lay on me.  I was wide awake as a result before 6:00am but went back to bed.  Come 6:30am I was wide awake and listening to the birds with their morning song and this pair making themselves very comfortable.

Mischief snuggled up as though nothing had happened without a care in the world.




And an undercover Jack Russell (Missy) out for the count!  She spends a lot of time asleep, but then she is an old lady!


I waited a while before going down to make my first cup of tea of the day, after just being in the moment, listening to the bird song, and gradually the noise of City life gradually increasing as people got up to go to work and started travelling around the roads which has its own hum.  The older I get the less tolerant I am becoming of this, although it is part of City life.  Last year after three months down in Cornwall was particularly deafening when we came back; it has not changed for me and as soon as I can escape into the countryside I will.  The noise in the countryside is different, more natural, more graceful.  Still we have to appreciate and work with what we have in the meantime.

Despite the Sun being out and about, the wind is up a little and the morning is a little chillier.  The Sun when it is out is always in the front of the house at the morning, whereas we tend to be in the back a lot more because of logistics, i.e. bathroom and kitchen.

Right am off to get some breakfast and start my day which involves a pile of washing.  An ideal drying day today as soon as I can get it on the line.  As it is chilly at the moment and I am feeling it I think I will be housebound today.  If it warms up a little I might venture outside to do some more gardening.  Will see how it goes.

Catch you all later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts