Saturday night catch up

After a glorious hot day weather wise yesterday (Saturday), I managed to sit for a couple of hours and do some work on my UFO neck shawls whilst listening to the TV. I know that they are not for this weather, but am taking the projects on how quick they will be to get done so that I can concentrate my time on the more complicated projects.  Bit like an exam paper in that you complete the easiest for you questions first so that you can give more time to the ones that appear more complicated. One  scarf shawl just needed a few rows knitting before finishing and the other one needed a bit more. One is at the stage where it can be fringed.  I have knitted 20 x 2 pattern rows tonight and still have another 31 x 2 pattern rows to work.  I am therefore pretty pleased with how things have gone on these little UFO projects. I shall fringe both together. Two nearly down quite a few more to go.

As have said the next project after completion of the neck shawls will be the scarf, hat and mitten set (might add in a pair of handwarmers as well) to overlay them or to wear separately.  Scarf is done and hat is casted on.  Have patterns for handwarmers and mittens.  Wool all there and everything in a bag ready to go.  The scarf just needs fringing. All being worked in WI Double knitting wool in a shade of Turquoise/Aqua from Hobbycraft.  This may take a little more than a week to knit if I manage to get sat down of an evening and get cracking, maybe a little more time if not.  I have found with most things that I do, if I get the time to focus and work at something straight off a lot gets done.

I am desperately trying to get cleared up on stuff in all areas of my life and I have a lot to do.  However, I do not want to be overwhelmed with the amount of things I do have to do and that is why I am taking them in little segments, especially with my energy levels being up and down.  I know from past experience that if I can settle and get a good couple of hours sat knitting I can soon get a wriggle on and do quite a bit of knitting (even though I do not consider myself a fast knitter) or indeed that knitting comes naturally to me. However, I am having a go.  Hopefully a lot of the knitted projects will get done in time for the autumn months for me to wear them at the appropriate time.  So new clothing for me then!

At least have got back to them, and the final one is being worked.  If I can sit again tonight, I should be able to get it finished and then it is just the fringing on both projects that will need doing to finish them both off.

Getting there very slowly.  That is a relief in itself.

Oh forgot, tea last night was Cheat's Roasted vegetables and Italian Sausages.  Went down very nicely.





Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts