Spring Clean, Cleaning Product and Laundry Tips

I decided in my infinite wisdom (on an extremely hot day), that my plans were changing for a couple of days as things are getting on my nerves in the house.  I intend therefore as I have to tidy up in any event decided to a deep Spring clean using copious amounts of vinegar and hot water.  I have started with the study/craft room and hopefully will get that sorted by the end of the day.  The vinegar combined with boiling water is a good natural cleaner  Needless to say am using my homemade Lemon vinegar for this purpose  The quantities are 1oz of 5% white vinegar to a gallon of hot water.  Also good for cleaning bread boards and general cleaning.

I also keep a spray bottle on the kitchen windowsill with half vinegar to half water for troubleshooting and wiping down any spills and also grease and fingerprints.  The walls, skirtings, floors anything is being cleaned within an inch of its life.  Hard work on a hot day, but it needs to be done.  After the initial vinegar/lemon smell, everything smells quite clean and fresh. The Lemon vinegar was made with white vinegar which is a good neutraliser in any event.  When I do a boil wash I always whiten up the "whites" that bit more using white vinegar.  It does double duty as it is a natural fabric conditioner but it also brightens your whites up as well. I use vinegar for lots of different things, predominantly with the cleaning it is white vinegar.

I want to get into the garden, despite the change in plans and I will get there. However for the immediate focus, Spring Clean it is as also have to get stuff back into place or find homes for other stuff. Should make lighter work of everything even though it appears to  be a bit more work to start with. 

I have promised myself a day in the garden if not a couple of days over the weekend and into the week.  However on a practical basis there are other things in the pipeline to be done on time limits.  Therefore I really need to get myself organised to get a clear space so that I can get these out of the way and done with.  On the untidiness front to which I hold my hands  up, I had also dragged a load of stuff out the other night which had not got put back into their home.  So needs sorting.

Nets and curtains will be washed later on.  I tend to wash the nets, spin them on the fastest setting to get all the water out and then hang them back at the window to dry.  Come up extremely well this way and saves a precarious time at the ironing board.

The windows have also been open to let in the fresh air as well.  The study if not finished tonight (at this moment not sure it will be) certainly smells lovely and clean and fresh which is what I was after.  Weather permitting washing tomorrow!

I have now to sort out the clutter I got out the other night and get that back to where it came from.  Some of it is UFOs some of it is not though.  So reclaim sewing table time.

I think it is going to be a warm old night going into this Bank Holiday. For once I am extremely warm, especially after being cold during the Winter just past. Missing not being able to go down to Cornwall.  Fingers crossed soon.  

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Have a good evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts