The Written Word

Some days (most in reality) I am lost for words to verbalise and sometimes I am dreadful in that I have the word on the tip of my tongue but can I remember it. Nope!  Today has not been one of those days and has been one where I have just written sporadically, started posts, have not finished them.  Just gone with the flow as it were, put the words down that came to me probably to be finished off for another day on several different subjects.  I think the Muse has been with me today!  I put it down to the nicer weather!

Like most things though when I start researching them and learning more for myself than anything else.   I end up going away from my original subject down a Rabbit hole from subject to subject and that is how today started off for me.  This has subsequently ended up with me having ideas which I have had to get written down on paper before they disappeared into the ether.

The weather has been glorious today as well. I have managed to get the washing out and dried which I am pleased about.  Think that there is just a couple of more washes to deal with and that is it for the week again.



As it was so nice we took Missy out for a wander and I started a little foraging of Cleavers (also known as Goosegrass and Sticky Willy).  Supposedly good in a tea for which I have grabbed some for, as well as bringing some home to dry as well.  Also found some small cones which I think are Larch  which also came home.  I forage items during the year and then pop them up out of the way for use in things like fire starters with all my foraged finds.  So a little start.  



I also had a good look around to see what else was available and I will be going back down to do a little haul another day.  I am always keen to take advantage of the Wild Larder for different preserves and drinks for use during the year.  I am especially looking forward to Elderflower season as I love Elderflower Champagne, wine, and cordial.

I first had Elderflower Champagne at my Nan's home that she had actually made.  I think I was about 18 at the time.  Still a firm favourite and very easy to make.  Looking forward to making some soon.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts