Tuesday

Fried egg sarnies for breakfast had a nice leisurely start to the day.  Trying to have a decent breakfast in morning, new directive from me to himself.  I am used to having breakfast but he does not always have it.  Not good when you are diabetic.

We then had an appointment to attend to, which was done and dusted quickly.

Nipped to M & S for a few things.

Came back with two Gammon steaks, two Fillet Steaks, two leeks, bag of carrots, bag of peas, Tub of Strawberries,large tub of double cream, Cornish Cruncher Cheese the big block £7.25, and a 500g block of salted butter.  M & S currently have an offer on for this.  Block is double the size of a normal pack of butter. They are currently selling it on offer for £3.75.  Think normal price is going to be around £5 mark.  They do it unsalted too.  I used to buy Waitrose big packs of butter when I used to be able to go on a regular basis.  However, if they keep up the price as projected might actually buy in the month's butter ration in this way and keep it in the fridge.  Of course, if I had a freezer I would be squirrelling some away in there too.  Grieves me bitterly as I just have no room for a freezer at the present.

Gammon, chips and pineapple for tea followed by Strawberries and cream.

The Gammon steaks were delicious and I served with homemade chips and tinned Pineapple which went down very nicely.




The Strawberries were from Angus, Sterling and they were absolutely gorgeous, lots of lovely flavour to die for.  Variety: Driscolls Lusa and they were massive and sweet.  Totally scrumptious.

After such a lovely tea tonight, will probably have a scratch meal tomorrow night, something like cheese on toast now as I have the cheese I like. I like a strong cheese.  Tickler is nice but I do like the Cornish Cruncher. Cannot have fancy teas every night much as we would like.  Will go shopping again at the weekend.

Managed to get a lot of my baking tins put away today and add some other items to the other cupboards.  Still got a lot to do but getting there and what is more am getting baking stuff out of the dining room into the cupboards as well.  Am going to have to do a bit of hard pruning on some items though.

We have time in the garden tomorrow attacking the brambles again.  At least this time OH is going to give me a hand and I will not be solo.  We have a trip to the tip planned for Saturday as well so there is going to be a lot of toing and froing come Saturday.  The garden will be taking priority at the moment so that I can get some winter sowing under way.

Catch up Soon.

Pattypan

x
















































































Comments

Popular Posts