Waffles for Breakfast and Breakfast Suggestions

Moving on further to my post on Sunday regarding "Scotch Pancakes) and during my purging activities in the kitchen I have found one of my Waffle makers.  Therefore it is time to drag this out and put it into good use.  I have a punnet of Raspberries, Blueberries and some grapes that need using in the fridge as well as some apples and other bottled fruits including Blackberries and Pear and Apple Butter on the Pantry shelf.  Might as well make the most of them and have a decent breakfast.  I am a big lover of pancakes, but Waffles we have not had for a while.  Am not sure whether he likes them, so it will be a serve it and see moment.  I do like playing around trying different things, as I really do enjoy cooking.

Waffle Breakfast therefore is planned for Wednesday  I shall make the mix up tonight in preparation for Wednesday morning.

I want to mix things up a little bit more than they have been on the breakfast front.  I am a person who has to have breakfast.  I love Granola and Muesli and Bircher Muesli and therefore plan at some point on doing some more batches of these, especially as I have apple sauce on the Pantry shelf as well.

I have plans to make more Apple Sauce, Apple Butter and Pear Butter and maybe some Rhubarb and Strawberry Butter as well for the Pantry shelf.  Maybe even some apple and Blackberry Butter as we get into Blackberry season.  Should be easier this year now that I have my Mouli back up and running.  Could not get it to work last year.  It turns out I had it assembled incorrectly!  Should also come in useful for making some fruit leathers as well.

However as usual I digress.  A bit Alice in Wonderland drifting off the chosen path.

So Waffles it is for breakfast and here is the recipe I am using which is taken from the Jamie Oliver website:

Waffle Mixture




150g SR Flour

1 teaspoon of baking powder

1 teaspoon of sugar

1 Large Free Range Egg

240ml semi skimmed milk

Optional if making Sweet Waffles:

a little vanilla extract

Zest of One Orange


Basically as per my Scotch Pancake recipe put all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix evenly.  Then add in the egg and gradually add the milk until you get a nice creamy batter.  Add in the zest of the orange and the vanilla extract if making the sweet version of these.

I have an electric Waffle machine, so following the instructions bring up to heat and then ladle in the batter once up to temperature.  Pop down lid and cook until ready.

Mine are going to be served with fresh Raspberries and Grapes with a dusting of icing sugar.  Looking forward to this.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts