A Little messing about

What a rough windy day it has been.  A lot brighter, and would be good for drying washing if the wind was not so rough. The panels on the fence that were still standing are now down.  Landlord is aware of the situation lets see if they do anything this time! I am a bit concerned about the greenhouses; however will keep an eye on things.  I went in earlier to check on everything, is becoming part of my daily ritual.  All six Cucumbers are now up, more PSB and more Marigolds.  Greenhouses appear to be okay; have been down and they were still standing.  Wind has calmed down quite a bit. The poor old Beans though, not looking too happy at the moment.  Hopefully they will get to settle and dry out a bit now.

The  "messing about" is all in aid of doing something with some of the fabric that I have in the stash and which was sorted last night.  A step further along, I have cut out two sizes of template in readiness for a little session of making some jar covers for my jam jars and preserving jars.  Makes them look prettier on the kitchen shelf or ideal to wrap a jar up to give as a present.  Now to a bit of cutting.  I think the first of these will be cut out this evening.  The desk is relatively clear and I will need my Rotary cutter and self-heal board for cutting out.  That will be another stage along to what I was yesterday.  Will do a tutorial at another time.

Whilst doing the cutting, and whilst the fabric is out I may well cut out some Scrunchies as well, "kill two birds with one stone" as it were and getting them prepped up as much as I can in readiness for sewing in bulk on the sewing machine.  Those are the plans for this evening.

Last night we did not have the TV on at all; in fairness I was watching You Tube and following some blogs on a catch up basis.  I was not bothered by the TV not being on.  Quite often I will be working at the computer, and be listening to the TV at the same time.

Very sleepy today despite having a good night's sleep. Therefore not a lot done today - Not firing on all pistons; hope tomorrow is a little different.  Probably all this damp weather!

Tea has been the rest of the Cottage pie I made yesterday; I have not really been too hungry either.  It is what it is!

Fingers crossed better day tomorrow - maybe it will not be as windy.

Have a lovely evening wherever you are.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts