A Little Piece and Quiet Part Two

 Wednesday

Was a gorgeous day weather-wise.  I therefore was in the garden most of the day, getting stuck in to bagging a big pile of brambles which had been left to settle down a bit.  Tedious and hard work, but I was out in the fresh air doing something useful in the greater scheme of things even though it was physical and boring.  It was just good to be outside.  Frequent breaks given and a bit of pottering in the greenhouse or coming in for a coffee happened.  With having the hiatus, if I bend too much it crumps me up so I have to be careful but stopping every now and then seems to help a bit. That and plenty of Mint tea. Eight bags were bagged up today.  Still at least another couple of bags to clear this particular pile up.

I will then concentrate on the rubbish on the patio slabs and sort that out.  Some of the slabs have actually sunk a bit and need levelling up.  We intend to do this, get everything as level as we can and then clean down.  The patio table and chairs will then be going on the slabs so that we can sit out of an evening if we want to.  That is the plan anyway.

Everything seems to be doing well.  All the seeds I planted last week apart from the Beans are now up.  I have some pricking out to do in the next couple of days.  My larger chillies are also developing "chillies" which I am excited about and those that do not have the "chillies" yet are flowering so I do not think will be too long.

We also have the cress up.  In my eagerness to see if the seed was viable I set a small uneven tray on some soil.  It has come up but is not particularly as thick as I would like.  I normally prep and grow on tissue paper.  There will be enough to top some egg mayonnaise sandwiches at the weekend.  Something is better than nothing and although not to be preserved, makes a useful fresh eating ingredient.  I will be planting up at least a couple of trays of mixed mustard and cress in the next few days as it is useful for salads and sandwiches.

Pumpkins are doing well.  Beans are a bit sporadic and those that seem to have survived all the rain seem to be settling in and there are some flowers on one or two of the plants.  Fingers crossed I will get some beans!  Parsley seed is also through and more or less ready for pricking out.  Basil seed is also through.

We have had rain all evening, gentle rain that will do some good and a low percentage of rain is forecast for tomorrow together with a storm about 4pm.  Will see what happens as the weather can be so variable.  I am therefore hoping to get into the garden again tomorrow if I can. I gain so much peace from being out in the fresh air, pottering around doing jobs or getting my hands stuck in the soil, growing seeds etc. There is still an awful lot of stuff to do. However, Rome was not built in a day and little by little, day by day progress of one sort or another is being made.

Think will be going to the Tip on Monday; have a lot of stuff to do over the weekend to get sorted though.  Weather permitting.

Will see what happens.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts