As the Rain Gently falls

this evening, I am sat here with all sorts of thoughts in my mind.  Free falling thoughts that are spilling out everywhere but as yet have no form or indeed purpose. They are just ideas floating around like a Butterfly in the ether but they are there just waiting to surface waiting to take form.

I have all sorts of dreams and all sorts of plans of things I would like to do but at the moment they are coming to nothing.  It is just as it is and should be in many respects.  I am but a dreamer after all and frequently escape from reality whether that be reading a book, pottering around making things anything to keep me occupied.  I cannot sit still for long.  We all need to escape and I use it to keep me going when things are not 100%; a coping mechanism for looking in the good of everyday and hoping with fingers crossed for the future.  In the greater scheme of things I am very lucky.

It was a good for a night off but to do purely nothing.  I ended up binge watching the second series of World on Fire on  BBC Player all six parts of it and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Had a good storyline.  I do not normally binge watch but I was quite taken with this.

I am still not 100%.  I am taking it easy though and for a change not pushing things too far, just being still or being involved in a mindful task.

I went out into the garden today; the poor beans are a bit battered and I am not sure whether they will survive or not.  I have therefore fed them in the hope that it might perk them up a bit.

I also went into the greenhouse. Everything seems settled in there. Tomorrow I will have to prick out my PSB and my Marigolds into what little bit of compost I do have.  The Parsley is also through which I am pleased about.  Still no sign of the Courgettes though, I think they have gone down under.  Pumpkins are really doing well. Hopefully at the end of the month I will be able to get hold of some more compost which is needed in any event.  I have some pots that still have compost in so may well end up utilising them for growing a little more stuff.  The lettuce leaves are really doing well.

My new glasses are very good and helping me a lot.  It was only when I was in the shop yesterday that I realised just how much my eyesight has changed in the last two years.  I cannot see to read without my glasses now at all.  It is just blurry.

Managed to get some more washing dried this morning.  At least the weather has been better than it was.

Tomorrow I have to attend at the Local Hospital Physio Department for the appointment with the Physio to see if they can help with my arm, which has also been playing up quite a bit.  Fingers crossed they can help as it really is driving me nuts especially when my arm feels as though it is twisting and knotting or it feels like it is getting stuck (medical term impingement). I do not trust myself these days to lift or carry anything much with my right arm and I am right handed; but there we are such is life!  I have been doing some gentle upper arm exercises in the interim, but not sure really whether am doing the right ones.  I figured that if I could keep everything going it would be a step in the right direction even if it might not exactly be the exercises that I need to do. The purpose of the visit tomorrow, is to find out how the muscles are reacting when I do stuff!

Everyone apart from me seems to be asleep here.  No TV on for a change and it is quiet apart from me tapping away on the keyboard. It is still raining. At the moment the forecast for tomorrow is a bit stormy in the morning and rain for the afternoon.  We so need the rain as even after all the rain of the past few days, the soil is still extremely dry.  My poor beans they did not expect to have to learn to swim.

Tea tonight was in two parts.  We had egg and chips.  I prepped up too many chips and so in effect we had egg and chips and then chips with Herby Mayo and it went down well.  I have taken to salting my homemade chips these days with Pink Himalayan salt.  I prefer the taste.

Tomorrow night's tea is a full Lamb chop dinner which I am looking forward to as Lamb is one of my favourites.

Well am off to potter (sorting one or two things out).

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts