Following on from yesterday

 After a delicious tea last night of home cooked Gammon, fried eggs and homemade chips, I went out into the garden again and started working on the mini greenhouses which I currently at the moment due to having no covers for them use for stacking all my pots, trays etc on for gardening.  I managed to clear the pavement where they stand and weed it out for one section and managed to get the first of the mini-greenhouses in situ which I am pleased about.  I still have a couple of more to go and hopefully will be able to get them sorted today.  A lot of work, but it is getting things organised and easily accessible.  I am also sorting out anything that is no longer needed or is indeed damaged and getting rid of it.

Yesterday I managed to pot on some of the PSB and also sow two types of Cabbage, Primo and Wheelers something from my stash of seeds.  Also managed to get Cress sown, Scarlet Emperor Runner Beans sown.  I have sorted out a stack of seeds that I could potentially sow this year and I am hoping that the weather is good over the next few days in order that I can really concentrate on the garden again.

On a separate note, I am finding that I am sleeping better if I have been working in the garden, but obviously I do have other things to do as well which prevents me from being in the garden all the time.  Once the rubbish has gone I can really get stuck in. Little by little though things are starting to come together.  I also intend to use a couple of planters to sow some seeds in so that I get a small crop of other items, using recycled compost. Anything is better than nothing.

Once the rubbish has gone I can start digging and get some other crops in as well.

There are of course plans for taking some vine cuttings and also some Bay leaf cuttings.  I might also take some Blackberry cuttings as well for popping down the bottom of the garden once it is cleared.  I can grow them on in pots though. I shall once the stone shed is sorted out be able to empty out the second greenhouse and then split what I have grown and done so far between the two houses.  The items being saved will then go into the stone shed.

I did not get to the Ivy planters yesterday; am hoping G will be able to free them for me sometime today so that I can hang them up. Then maybe I can get some more on the go.

Today: -

Someone's alarm went off at 6:00am.  Not impressed and went back to sleep and then the dog started shouting to go out at about 6:30am.  I therefore got up and made a cup of tea for us all (including the dog) had breakfast and then went out into the garden.  I have been doing a very tedious job today, washing all the plant pots, planters etc. and it is a slow old job.  I am sorting out the battered items as I go along and they are being chucked and then those that are being kept are being re-stacked on the re-sited growing shelves.  Still a long way to go but it is an essential part of getting sorted as there are planters everywhere.  I did not realise just how many I had.  Once all the planters are sorted out I can then start sorting the rubbish out and getting some of it re-bagged and the rest into bags.  Will not be going to the tip next week but maybe the following when I am a little more further along than I am at the moment. Then the digging.  Weather permitting I am going to be in the garden over the weekend as much as I can too.

I did sit and have a coffee outside the greenhouse for a little while and then started a little more work in the greenhouse.  I have now split the Cucumber plants into a pot each (6 plant pots instead of three as I double seeded).  Bert the extra hot Chilli is going to be transplanted into a fresh pot later on.  I have a few more seeds to sow as well using recycled compost.  Being mean here and it is a means to an end until the new compost can be obtained and means I can get further on the meantime.  I am sieving the compost to get rid of any roots, debris etc. first.

Due to the early morning, I came over a bit wobbly about 1:30pm; extremely tired and fatigued.  When I get like this is usually a precursor to a fit and so I went to bed and slept for a couple of hours.  I love getting up early but my body for some unknown reason tends to throw a wobbler these days.  Feeling a bit more with it now.  However will have an earlier night again tonight just to try and make sure that I am on a more even footing for tomorrow.

I am not in charge of tea tonight G is for a change.  Not sure whether to be afraid or worried. Not sure what he is going to make. At least he will be having a go

Right am off to potter.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts