In the fresh air

Out in the garden bundling up a lot of the clippings into bags.  I have managed to fill about 8 so far and there is still an awful lot more to deal with but am slowly getting there.  I have been at it for most of the afternoon, so as I say nice to be in the fresh air rather than cooped up inside. Doesn't look as though things are progressing that much but it is, a lot of effort and energy has gone into doing what has been done.  It will all come together at the end when there will be a visible difference and I will have my garden back and hopefully will get into the growing things again.  

We do have a jungle at the bottom of the garden which G says he is going to attempt to sort out a bit once the main part of the garden has been sorted.  Would be good to get this sorted and probably have more growing ground as well once it has been cleared.

We are concentrating on the garden mostly at the moment weather prevailing.  Yesterday was a no go really for me but today has been far better and have done a bit.  Forecast for tomorrow looks good as well so will try and get into the garden earlier and get stuck in again. Really it would be better if were out together getting stuck in, but because of Missy just cannot do that.  So I will probably go out first tomorrow and then clear what I can and then let G have a go.

I have also had problems downloading photos, so part of this morning was me dealing with that.  Have got things going again, but think that I really need to do some serious computer management and get my photos downloaded off the Cloud as I think I have too many.  That will come in due course though.  So please bear with me on the photo front, some are downloading and I am adding to the relevant posts, just possibly not in the right tame frame.  Will keep at it.

Tea tonight is Rib Eye steak, chips, salad and Garlic and Herb dressing (for me) I have a right penchant for this at the moment which is peculiar in itself as I am not one for a lot of sauces.  Gravy yes, but not so much on the sauce front.  Needless to say that it went down very nicely.  We will probably have Pork tomorrow not sure how am going to cook it though at the moment; as we had Barbecue Pork the other day.  Will have to get the thinking cap on.

Been back out to the greenhouse, and have potted on some plants and some seeds.  I have planted a couple of trays of mixed French salad leaves (a mixture) more are to be sown tomorrow, some Florence Fennel, some Cucumber, re-potted my chillies;  I have three more to pot on tomorrow.  I also have to pot on some Tomatoes into bigger pots now (I grew from seed). I have a yellow cherry tomato and loads of Roma. Only little steps but am hoping to do a few trays of seed each day.  Really need the other greenhouse up but am going to have to wait for that at the moment.  My main aim for this year is just to grow a few bits and bobs (I had hoped to be further on than what I am but it is what it is).  The main focus for me is getting the garden in an appropriate state, so that I can really get going again for next year. I am very lucky that I have the small greenhouses. I also have four growing houses but do not have the covers for these, which is something that needs to be sorted in readiness for next year's growing. 

I am also hopeful that my main greenhouse might be recovered from the jungle.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited.  It is a glass greenhouse and the Ivy has certainly gone to town on it.  I think am going to need a hacksaw to attack the hairy roots but will see what we can do at the end of the day.  I do not give up easily on anything.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts