Back to the Sorting Out today

 Not the back room as anticipated but the bathroom.  OH has decided he is moving on in there to paint.  Just decided did not discuss and then expects the fairies have come in overnight. However, before he can do this, I need to clear part of the bathroom in any event so that he can do this properly. Far be it for me to hold him up. I am therefore sorting this so he can get stuck in again.

I managed to get part of the bathroom cleared and scrubbed down with some old fashioned elbow grease and a bucket of hot soapy water so that G can get on.  Then I will be in the kitchen which is also going to be scrubbed out (whilst everything is upside down).  Might as well get it all done and dusted in one fair swoop.

I then have a load of ironing to do once the kitchen is sorted.  I hate ironing, but I always see it as a discipline and make sure that I always do it properly.  I usually put the radio on whilst I deal with the piles.  I am eager for him to get on with the bathroom, so that I can get it back together again and do the finishing touches.

Then when he has finished the bathroom he can get straight on with kitchen.  Well that's my logic anyway.

The dining room will follow on from this for decorating.  However I need to carry on sorting the dining room.  In reality I do not think will be in the dining room until tomorrow at some point, probably a lot later in the day. I had hoped to do some preserving today later, but that has gone by the by in all the circumstances.  Tiz just the depth.  This is what happens when you decorate in this house.  It is like playing shuttle systems although I am working on that as well.

Once tea has been had (we are now having the sweetcorn bought yesterday) and a Ham sarnie so that I can get on in the kitchen.  It was gorgeous.  Simply boiled and lots of butter.  I hate tinned sweetcorn or frozen, but fresh its worth waiting for. It looks as though it is going to be a late night.  The curry will wait for tomorrow as will making the chicken stock and bottling the apples and anything else that needs doing.  I also have new potatoes and old potatoes to bottle.  From all accounts they make very good mashed potato and roasties.  Will see what happens. In reality they could be deferred to another day.

So much to do but there we are.  Very slowly getting there.  I keep telling himself that he thinks that getting to a position where you can actually do something takes quite some time in this house.  He has never had to do it, everything is usually prepared for him just to get on.  

We did walk her Ladyship and I have picked another bag of Blackberries. I got nettled in the process. Think that these are going to make a Blackberry Syrup.  I also have some Lemon Syrup to do too; think might be able to manage these tonight.

Right am off to get a wriggle on.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts