I hate Deadlines

 I find that somehow or the other if someone sets a deadline that is when I go all to pieces and that's when everything goes to pot.  Do not set a deadline and I get on quite quickly with things under normal circumstances.  Have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks which is going to be a killer and then fit everyday living things in as well.  There we are, tiz only the depth that varies as I keep telling everyone.

Today I have been in the dining room having a bit of a sort out.  Well shall we say an initial sort out.  It will be a work in progress and two of the boxes in there are for the Pantry so they will shift once the Pantry has been done which hopefully will be very shortly

Some stuff is going to be thinned out and moved on as well. Some will be sold, by various formats, some will go to the Charity shops as I really need to thin things down a bit in order to move forward. I am going to have to be quite ruthless with myself (this is not going to be easy for me).

We are also still going to be doing things in the house as well.  Today I also moved my Demijohns of wine into the Dining room in readiness for G to get into the bathroom and start decorating in there.  I had utilised the windowsill for making the wine.

The Slipper Gammon I cooked yesterday was lovely and went down a treat.  It works out a good buy as it provides plenty of good quality meats for meals, pack ups and scraps being used in pasta or a flan or indeed in a pea and ham soup.  There is always a way to make the food go further.

Our shopping choices are very considered these days as I buy for at least two to three meals out of any meat we do buy. I am also pretty conservative on what else I do buy.  Obviously there are basics that you need to have every month like soap powder, toilet rolls etc. I am trying to stretch the pennies as far as I can.

We have also been to the Butcher today as well.  Have a Chicken, Pork joint, Beef joint, another Slipper Gammon, Lamb chops, Steak Beef-burgers, Chipolatas, Bacon to have. So plenty of good eating there. 

For tonight's tea we have had the Beef-burgers for a change.  Done simply in a large toasted bun, with some fried onions.  Has gone down an absolute treat. Neither of us wanted very much. This has therefore gone down very nicely.  I do not like all the stuff they put on burgers if you buy them this was just nice and simple.  When we were younger Mum used to turn the burgers into a main meal serving with egg, chips and beans or something like that or alternatively with mashed potatoes and veggies with gravy. Very tasty either way.

I will need to go to the veg shop during the week for another tray of eggs and also veg and fruit.  I will also have a look to see what offers are on there, for anything I can put up on the preserving front for the winter pantry and Christmas pantry.  Yes its that time of year again.  They normally have some dates in which I need for one or two preserves and also for some home made pantry items and cakes.  I usually buy in so many packs at a time.  We of course also eat them as they are.

Despite everything else going on here for the next few weeks or so, we are still going to be trying to get other things done in and around the house.  Just working in little time frames as and when we can.  Just me moving the Demijohns earlier on has opened up the main bathroom window for himself to paint and sort out once the little room is completed.  Then he can work his way around there.  More filling work to do in here first though.

Weather has been gorgeous here today and very warm.  Same is predicted for tomorrow as well.

Right am off to potter again.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts