Oh What a Day it has been

 Words have been had.  Strong ones. 

I needed some compost for growing the bits and bobs I have been growing and to pot them on. I have been patiently waiting without kicking up a fuss.  Still have a load of other stuff to do but I needed the compost.  I had to fight to get it!

In the end compost was ordered from Wickes online with a view to collecting three bags of compost and a new tap for my water butt.  

Could we find the shop could we heck.  It has moved since we went there last.  Tried using the support of one of the internet sites to get us there.  No area coverage so could not use that.  In the end we found it, we had gone past it about three times.  Himself was getting extremely ratty and extremely obnoxious highly stressed (in fairness he does have Bipolar) and this is all part and parcel of it, however sometimes however good the intentions I just cannot cope with it.  Today was such a day, and after the event he has now realised this.

Went in to collect, only one item given since we had paid online I sent himself in to deal with it.  Basically for some unknown reason the order although on one order had been split between Peterborough and Huntingdon.  So compost was bought, not what was ordered dearer (apparently Peterborough do not stock it).  Why was it on their website then.  A refund is on its way for the compost that was apparently supposed to be collected from Huntingdon. Why would someone in Peterborough want to go and collect something from Huntingdon!

To say that we were a bit disillusioned as to how things progressed was an understatement.  However, I now have three bags of compost to carry on doing some bits and bobs.  It is after all for growing food long term and what have spent if everything grows will be a saving to what having to pay in the shops.  The tap has also been fitted to the water butt!  Now to fill it up and we should be ready for any heatwaves.  

Needless to say have not got as much as I wanted to get done today but hey such is life.

Have had a lovely roast chicken meal tonight.  In view of the tetchiness earlier on I decided that a proper meal was in order.  Helps to keep his mood swings  under control. We have a duplicate meal planned for tomorrow night's tea, and then I will process the chicken for stock as I need some for general kitchen use.  That will probably be put on tomorrow night to make the stock and then I will deal with it on Friday evening.  It is the little things that often make a meal more flavoursome.

Hopefully will be able to get into the garden tomorrow to start really working on stuff again.  Forecast at the moment is a bit showery but may be able to dodge the showers even if it is only me potting on in the greenhouse it will be stuff that will be out of the way with. Plans for the garden tomorrow are get the Cucumbers into their big pots, get the smaller chillies into bigger pots, get all the chillies and the cucumbers into the second greenhouse; that is going to be their abode and then get sowing on other stuff.  Garden needs digging for some other stuff to go in, just in front of the Rhubarb plant i.e. the beans and some other stuff which will be direct sown.  Fingers crossed can get this part dealt with.

I also need to go to the veg shop to stock up.  I had bought a few bits at the local shop just for tonight's tea, but I am trying to put some bits and bobs away so that we have an emergency pile if needed.

Right am off to potter.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts