Something is actually going right

I have spent most of the day in the dining room.  Sorting out stuff I no longer need.  Still loads to go, but am pleased to say that I am making slow and steady progress. Which is a relief.  I am going to continue on into the evening to get as much done as I can today.  Tomorrow will then reconvene and carry on.  It feels good to be getting somewhere at long last, as I had been very fed up about lack of progress, not just on this front but generally. I have found a load of stuff that is to go into my Pantry as well, after it has been re-configured slightly.  If the weather is good tomorrow, I shall get that all washed up, and outside in the fresh air to dry.  Some of the items are wooden boxes used for storing stuff in so a good wash and brush up will do no harm and letting it dry naturally will be best all around.

No preserving today.  Will probably be making chicken stock on Thursday.  We have round one of our meal out of the chicken tomorrow evening.  As I am so busy this evening we are just having sausage and tomatoes. I will cook the chicken tomorrow, and we are going to have it with some homemade chips.  Thursday evening with the rest of the chicken we will have it as a curry with some rice.  The animals will have any leftovers and then the carcass will be used to make stock in the slow cooker.

I have also found more preserving jars.  Terribly chuffed about that. Always useful and always grateful to find some. Tucked away in one of the boxes. Six more large Kilner widemouthed jars ideal for storing fruit or indeed tomatoes in.

Found a lot of other stuff too; focus is on tidying up in readiness for a good old sort out.  I am moving stuff to one side that I wish to relocate elsewhere. Other stuff is being organised. Once this element sorted will tidy up and clean the rest of the room out.  Give things a good wash and polish.

It has been a beautiful day again and I have been stuck inside.  Have loads to do though, and its best I carry on and get stuff sorted as much as I can as I have tons more stuff to do.  Once the dining room itself is sorted, I then intend to go under the stairs and strip that out and paint it out.  Then will get himself to line the shelves with some vinyl I have.  He is better at lining those sorts of things up than I am.  Green spotted vinyl.  Understairs is to be painted out in white.

Might have to spend an hour or two where I can in the garden inbetween times though just to give me a breather.

I also have plans to do more preserving later on in the week if I can get to it.  Practical stuff for the Pantry shelf.  As I have said I am hoping to get some Victoria Plums.  Last year we went out to Wisbech and bought back a load of plums.  Some were turned into jam and some to plums in syrup.  Am hoping to do the same again this year. 

However we are also going to the Layby veg store to see what they have available on Saturday.. I am going to have a look to see if there will be anything useful there to put up out of the way. Ideally I will be looking for tomatoes both cherry and large ones, mushrooms and other veggies. I will also be going to the Veg shop as I need eggs in any event.  At the moment though. it looks as though it is going to be Thursday for starting to make the chicken stock.  

I did have one slight hiccup today though.  My electric food slicer packed up.  Seem to be having a phase of my electrical equipment packing up on me at the moment.  Never mind another thing for the never-ending list!  We use it a lot!  

Right am off to get tea.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sorry that your food slicer packed up. Perhaps you can find a little-used one on Ebay to tide you over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, in fairness I have looked after my equipment and had it for many years. It does not owe me anything, just means am going to have to regroup a little bit as have lost quite a bit of expensive kit just recently. Such is life xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts