Tuesday and Wednesday Catch Up

Tuesday

I have been good and taken time out and rested and I feel a lot better for it.  Also had a couple of early nights as well.  At least the pain from my joints has gone.  Unfortunately it tends to be all over.  Very relieved about that.  

Today has been another relatively low key day.  Lot more energy today but still taking it steady.  Trouble is I lose sense of what day of the week is and time etc.  In my own bubble most of the time.

I think I may have mentioned, that I had a small harvest yesterday from my French Bean Plant.  I harvested two small French Beans and popped them in with our meal.  They were tasty despite there only being two beans which are "has-beans" now!  I have more beans to come as well.

Went into the greenhouse and the Chillies are certainly starting to grow.  Thus far I have about seven Cayenne Chillies so far, and about five Habanero.  There is also the Ghost Chilli which has about five seed pods on it also.

I also have two Yellow Cherry Tomatoes starting to form as well.  I have not grown these before so quite excited about them as well.

I also have Runner Beans and also Pumpkins as well.

The reason for all the excitement.  It has been a few years really since I grew anything from seed and I was not sure whether I still had it in me or not.  Add to that me growing seeds indoors because it was too cold and I did not have the greenhouses up, and then there was a delay with the greenhouses and then the delay with the compost and the weather and  I am just pleased to have produced something no matter how small.  Now that the greenhouses are up, will keep them up we are just going to re-site them more or less opposite where they are now in order that we can get easier access to the bottom part of the garden known as the Jungle.  Hopefully will be more organised and better prepared for next year.

G has nearly finished the Little Room apart from the skirtings and door surrounds which need gloss.  Will have to go and get that though as we are out at the moment.  The shelves are also back up.  There is another shelf to go up which he does not know about yet, but that will be part of the finishing off of this particular room.  It will just need a new light fitting and that will be it.

He will then probably turn to the Pantry to paint that out first; the shelves and the walls are all going to be painted out white as well. The original shelving in the Pantry was minimal and melamine.  We added in shelving either side of the Pantry, but it has fancy country pine brackets which do not let you get jars or whatever under them properly.  On the lower levels in particular I want to store some Stone Crocks for things like SR Flour, etc. which I already have.  I am therefore hoping that some of the shelves can actually be put up higher  up.  Plaster is not to clever so this may be a non-event. This is in an effort to get the Pantry running properly again so that I can find things and know what I actually do have and that the storage is more fine tuned to our needs. 

Then the main part of the bathroom can be tackled once the Pantry is back to how it should be. I do need to look for a small chest or table to go in the bathroom which can be painted to hold some items I already have.  I am thinking a two tier table if I can find one for stacking towels underneath and Toiletries etc. I also need a new light fitting for the main part of the bathroom.

Then the cupboard under the stairs and the fireside cupboard both of which will store my preserves. Both need a good paint out, and the shelves need lining.  I have some vinyl in green spots for covering the shelves, so that if anything spills, it can easily be wiped up. I will need to get a new light fitting for under the stairs.

Then the Dining Room.  Think I have mentioned before that I have the wallpaper for this room which is a vintage Vymura original Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady wallpaper the Poppy Design.  Probably not to everyone's taste but I like it.  I have a habit of collecting things and then stock-piling them until ready to use when I have had wealthier times.  That is not the position at the moment and therefore I am using what I have to hand.

However we must not run before we can walk.  One room or project at a time.

Wednesday

Has been a slow day.  We started off with Mushroom and Bacon sandwiches which went down very nicely.  

I have been babysitting the animals whilst G has been doing work in the bathroom again. I have also been pottering tidying some stuff.  Still not done but it is something otherwise time is wasted. Will probably tackle a bit more tonight. One's Jack Russell has to be with us.  If left alone she goes nuts and starts howling we think due to attachment disorder. She is an old lady and very grumpy. It is not good for her, to get in a two and eight as she starts hyperventilating and gets very upset.  Worse since she has gone deaf.  It is not good for her, us or the neighbours.  G has been working on the Little Room on and off for most of the day.  Little Room nearly finished for the time being.  Still some flooring to source and a new light fitting.

Tea is a scratch tea this evening, probably Baked Beans on toast with an egg and then followed by some fruit and cream.  We did have brekkie earlier which was quite sizeable and so am not extremely hungry at the moment.

I have to dig out some jar lids, seals and rings later on so that will mean a foray into the dining room to locate said items as I have some more preserving to deal with.  More on that in a later post though. Finding the lids and seals is a priority as I have jars no tops at the moment and I know I have some, somewhere.

So not a lot achieved today really; at least something though.  Hopefully will be a better day all round tomorrow.

At least the weather has been far nicer today.  Forecast for tomorrow is bright and temperature 24 degrees.  If it is a nice dry day may get some more washing out to dry.

Right am off to potter.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts