Friday night Saturday morning

Feeling a lot better after yesterday's wipe out.  It was nice to see the sunshine again yesterday.

Friday Night



I had seen some seasonal knitted pumpkins on the Internet which I had seen and wanted to have a go at and so I have knitted a couple.  They have taken in the knitting side about 1-1/2 to 2 hours to knit and can be done whilst listening to a You Tube post or, music.  Do need to count stitches though.

Am chuffed with how they have come up.



The first one is knitted in a pale peachy pink.  I have some odd balls of wool that I picked up at a Charity shop somewhere along the line and so am making use of what I already have in the house.  Am just playing really as I have always had ideas about some autumn decorations that I would like to pull together eventually.  



Essentially they are very simple and easy to knit.  I intend to knit a few here and there and whether they will be used this year or not is another matter, but I am starting up a simple collection that can be used for years to come.  I also intend to do the same with fabric pumpkins as well. They can be used on the table for autumn decorating but also for Halloween. Just something to brighten things up a bit. As well as using them as free standing decorations, they can also be added to garlands and wreaths.

Since knitting the Pink one above, I have also knitted a dark olive green version and a lime variegated version as well.  The start of a few more yet.






I also have another one on the needles hope that can finish this one, maybe start another one, and then get some of these stitched up.  I have an idea for the pumpkin stalk, but I need to do some preparation work for that, so will show the next part of the make up, and then when the stalk is finalised altogether.  A bit bitty I know, but I had started out with another idea which did not come to fruition!  That's how the cookie crumbles.

Full of ideas me.  I try and pull seasonal decorations together.  I have a very pretty Johnsons tea set in  pink, grey blue, yellow and green.  I have slowly been pulling plain vintage china pieces together to mix in with it and eventually the idea is that I will have a full traditional tea time set which can be dressed up and down with various items.  Say for Easter, Spring etc. However this also goes the same way with seasonal little bits and bobs to mix in with.

The design is Summer Chintz.


I also have a dinner service to go with this however technically I am still collecting additional pieces when I can.

Saturday

Saturday morning saw me grasp the nettle and I have started to tackle the kitchen.  It is a slow job as a lot of my preserving equipment is out.  I am washing and sorting this as I go along, as I have a lot more preserving to do yet.  A heck of a lot.  I am hoping to start a couple of bits off this evening.  I have tackled quite a bit of preserving already but I plan on doing lots more.  I thought that if I was good enough today and on Sunday, that I may be able to play hooky and go foraging for a little while on Tuesday on my own.  I cannot go foraging on Monday as I have some other commitments as well as going to my first Pansy Potter Strength physiotherapy at the Hospital.  That starts at 4:15pm.  I am a bit nervous as I have never dealt with lifting weights in my life. Playing Netball, Basket Ball and whacking a Hockey stick yes - but weight lifting - nope. According to the literature received along with the appointment card, I am likely to be slightly uncomfortable for about 24 hours afterwards.  Session lasts about 45 minutes and is a circuit exercise.  Likely to have the physio with to start with to make sure do correctly.  In a couple of weeks my physio Ellen is taking over the class.  So we shall see what happens.

I have the weekend to get through and keep progressing with project in hand before we get to that.

My jars are sorted into boxes for easy access, as are some of my preserves to keep them together but not to lift the jars in with.  Just out of the way so that the kitchen can be tackled.  I need to get back on board with things big time.  Unfortunately I keep getting derailed one way or another.  Not a happy bunny about that.

Still wading on.  Oversized pair of wellies on sloshing around😍

For the best part of the day it has been bright, warm and sunny.  I understand that it has been a little stormy and wet elsewhere.  Commiserations if you have been affected.

Hope you have a lovely evening wherever you are.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts