Saturday Night/Sunday

I managed to get sat down after a bit of active work in the kitchen last evening.  Everything preserving wise I had sorted out during the day was then moved out of the way under the stairs.  I still have to set about re-arranging the Preserves and under the stairs properly, but it is out of the way for the time being, which is a further stage further. Everything is easily accessible (jars are sorted) and means I can get on with a few preserves here and there without turning the house upside down. So a little further progress has been made.  This I am pleased about.

I did not get to my preserves unfortunately.  Shall do these tomorrow whilst I am in the kitchen to get them out of the way with. Involves a bit of preparation work, but will be another good job out of the way.

When I did manage to get sat down, I managed to finish off knitting two further pumpkins and I have started a third. I finished off the Reddy-pink one, knitted a fluffy white one (this has worked up a lot larger due to the yarn and is more like a "Woolly Mammoth".  Am now up to six pumpkins knitted. I have started another white one as well.  

Still have not sewn them up at this point. Will probably sew them all up together do an assembly line job on them. Will get there. At least I am going to be able to put up a few seasonal decorations this year for a change.  However, I found some wool earlier on that I wanted to use for this project and can I find it now.  Nope - disappeared into the ether.  It will turn up.  It is some wool left over from a crochet blanket I made, which is a golden mustardy yellow.  I also have some Rusty orange and orange somewhere as well.  Just a little project really using up yarn that I have had sitting around and which is now in the way and I needed to exercise my hands; a nice little project that is soon completed. 

Since then, I have found a free tutorial on Instagram for making a mini pumpkin garland.  

Just Pootling Free Crochet Pumpkin Garland Pattern

Guess what is next on the list.  This is on the Just Pootling Instagram account run by Kate Eastwood (who has some fantastic crochet books available).  

I have also found a pattern for a plain set of arm warmers which will go nicely with my hat, scarf and gloves (UFO).  Am popping the link here so that I can go back to it.

Pattern for Plain knitted Arm Warmers


Once these are out of the way with, I shall return to the UFOs.

Sunday

Well it has been a lazy day today.  G had his Covid and Flu jabs yesterday and hasn't been up to much since, which I knew would happen.  

Me, well I have been playing around a bit with my knitted pumpkins.  Now that I have a simple garland pattern (as above) to match in with my pumpkins I am going to do a few of these, probably in the same colours as I have knitted my pumpkins so that they mix in and complement each other.  Well that is the plan in any event.  What it will turn out like is anyone's guess.

Copious amounts of tea have been consumed as well.

Am in the mood just to do nothing really today.  Thought it would give me some time to get my act together for tomorrow when I will have to get stuck in.

Then I got drawn into the film the Big Friendly Giant film which I had not seen before.  Can see why children love it so much.

I eventually got to start my Mustard seed by soaking it in readiness for making Mustard and will complete that task tomorrow. It is currently soaking in some beer.

Greenhouses have been watered up.

Apple sauce has been made (together with some dessert apples chucked in) and bottled up.  Have made this batch without any sugar.  I normally add sugar in, but this one have decided to trial as it may be more suitable for G.  Have 6 jars for the Pantry shelf.  So that is another thing out of the way with. Slowly, slowly catch a monkey.  Will come in useful for all sorts of things including popping on porridge, or granola, on top of yogurt, apple sauce, pie or sponge filling, Victoria cake filling, for filling pastries such as apple turnovers, serving warmed up with a big dollop of ice cream on it.  This is only the first batch will end up making a lot more as it is so versatile. So very much a mixed day.  Have tomatoes to deal with tomorrow for a little batch of tomato sauce at some point.

So some stuff achieved whilst having a relaxed day in the process.  Back to the knitting tonight.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts