Trying to get a little organised - Yes the Lists are back Part One

It has been a quiet afternoon, I have been pottering around in my own space, doing a little here and there and going through the process of preparing food for our tea tonight.  We have a roast herby chicken and I have prepped up roast onion, roast potatoes, mashed potato, Petit-pois (I prefer these), carrots, broccoli and some Swiss chard.  That should do for tonight.  Very much looking forward to this.  No pudding unless he wants some cheese and biscuits although I am getting fancy now the weather is getting a bit colder for a homemade Treacle Sponge with custard.  Might have to make this.  We had plum crumble last week so it might just have to be Treacle Sponge this week. 



Will have half a chicken left over and intend to do either a stir fry or a pie with this for tomorrow night's tea, just to vary things up a bit.  I quite fancy a pie.

It is therefore back to the lists for the foreseeable as some days I have difficulty remembering names of things; on the edge of my tongue but just don't get to it. Another day I am as sharp as a button and can remember anything and everything. I have therefore for my sanity decided to go back to my check lists. Drives G up the wall, as I do, but this is down to making things a bit easier for myself.

This week I have several jobs to achieve. I am not going to designate them to any particular day although in reality I will be working so many or one a day depending on what is going on in the house. Some may go over to the following week, but will see how we get on. I need to focus to get the jobs out of the way with.

Things to do:

Miscellaneous:

Decant Orange Cleaning Vinegar into bottles

Decant Orange wine into bottles

Make Yogurt

Make Labneh

Make Feta

Make Short term Apple, Mint and Onion Pickle

Make Granola

Make Muesli

Make Porridge oat packets for me for breakfast.

Dumpling Mix needs making up in readiness for the onslaught of stews.


Christmas cake fruit is soaking - Cake to be made next weekend.

Probably on Friday will start off the Christmas Puddings, I leave them overnight to soak in ale (traditionally Guinness) or Cider.  Cider makes a lovely Christmas pudding.

Mincemeat will also be started off this week.

Need these last three projects out of the way with.

Preserves:

Chicken stock to be made.  Will now have three carcasses to make stock with for canning.

Carrots to be bottled.

New Potatoes to be bottled.

Potatoes to be bottled.

French Onion Soup to be bottled.

Sweet Chilli Sauce to be made.

Tomato sauce.

Lemon Syrup.

Lemon Sugar.

Mint Syrup.

Mint sauce.

Mint Vinegar.

More dried mint for tea.

Chilli jam.

Chilli jelly.

Chilli oil.

Mixed herb vinegar.

Ginger wine to be made for next year.

Orange wine to be made for next year.

Pears in syrup

Nectarines in syrup


Baking: (Debatable on time - lets be realistic) but time to get stuck in.

Chicken Pie

Shortbread

Scones

Tea Bread

Malt Loaf

Flapjacks

Start off Sourdough Starter and Feed

I also need to go foraging to see what I can locate, even though it is late there will be Rowan berries, hips, haws, crab apples and sloes if I am lucky.

That is the outline list, so I may have to work in the evening a bit, so probably not as much time for actually crafting.  However I do intend this evening to set about sewing up some more of the Pumpkins before starting to knit anymore so that they are all at a similar stage.  Batch production.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts