Challenge for this week Week One

As I focus on the kitchen this week (amidst doing cooking, and making other items such as some preserves, yogurt and a little baking), I thought would give an outline of what I am trying to achieve this week.  I am making a concerted effort in this regard as there is a lot of work to be accomplished in the next few weeks, including finishing off the bathroom.  However first things first and I intend to pull out all the stops to get this achieved this week.

First Part of the Kitchen

Quite simply to get the kitchen sorted out and cleaned and scrubbed out.  Cupboards organised, kitchen bits in the kitchen rather than anywhere else.  That is the main goal for this week anything else will be a bonus.  This is the main aim for this week, and part of it will be paying things forward piecemeal in readiness for the next stages which are as follows:

  • Then will be able to get the top of the units cleaned and painted.
  • Once this is done, then will be able to paint the ceiling.
  • Once this is done, the new electric light fitting can be fitted
  • Walls can then be filled and painted.
There are other things that will need doing, but first we need to get this sorted and it is my main aim for this week.  Once this part has been tackled we can then go to:

Second Part of the Kitchen

To all intents and purposes this is the small hallway between the kitchen and the dining room.  The door to the Pantry faces the back door.  The following work needs dealing with:
  • Once hallway is washed out and walls filled, can then move onto the Pantry itself.
  • Pantry needs emptying out.  Once emptied then;
  • Pantry needs scrubbing out, walls need filling and shelves if possible need re-organising/relocating.  Once this is accomplished then:
  • The Pantry can be painted out and the wooden shelves painted; then
  • Curtain needs to be made for the bottom large shelf to keep tidy;
  • Maybe some shelf trimming to be made as well.
  • Needs small glass globe light for inside the Pantry.
  • Needs new flooring at some point; can get by in the interim.
  • Pantry can then be re-filled, and re-stocked so that I can find everything.  This should tidy the house up quite a bit enabling us to move on to the next stage and week two which will be the Bathroom.
I therefore have a heck of a lot to do and have got my work cut out. If I can move forward all well and quicker, then I will start the next section and so on.  However, as I am a lot slower these days I think it will be at least a week if not a little more, but we shall see. I will also be fitting in and around this general household chores such as washing, getting the washing dry and ironing.  However I need to be more disciplined and need to focus in order to move forward.  I think this is more than enough to be going on with.  So we shall see how we get on with this.  I shall definitely try my best to get this accomplished on time.

I shall report back later on with an update as to how am getting on and progress made.

There are also a lot of other ancillary items in connection with the kitchen,  but need to get this out the way first then I can concentrate on them a little later on as it involves my sewing machine.  However I have figured I can deal with that in one fair swoop which should manage my time more effectively.

Part of a larger plan to get this house sorted out better than it is and trying to weave a whole load of projects together seamlessly as this house is driving me nuts!

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts