Despite the Plans

 things went to pot.  I overslept this morning and was woken with a bump.  This completely threw me out on what I had planned on doing today.

Made G Breakfast.  I could not fancy much and so ended up with some cereal.

Got washing out on the line and more washing done and then out on the line.  It has been a warm day here in Peterborough and it looks as though it is going to be nice for the next few days as well.

In any event I had to go into town to deal with some things.  Was only gone about 1/2 an hour.  It is not common for me to go into town these days we tend to steer clear although I wouldn't mind going for a look around in the coming weeks.

On the way back from collecting me G ended up going to the shop to top up on a few things.  I was baby sitting to the dog who took exception to him going and started howling for him never mind that I was with her.  It seemed to make her worse me talking to her and so in the end I ignored her.  She just hates it if she thinks that either one of us is going out of her orbit.  Unfortunately for her real life has to happen.

I also had to nip to the shop to get one or two bits and bobs.  I ran out of sugar and so have bought in 4 x 1kg bags.  Will have to get some more in the coming days as I have a lot of projects planned.  I also intend to make some Rhubarb wine and Ginger Wine as well as a batch of Orange.  I certainly will need quite a bit of sugar for these as well as for the preserve projects planned.  However the four bags bought in today is a start although I need loads more.  I also bought in some tinned tomatoes and beans which were on offer; so something for the Pantry shelf despite the bits and bobs which are on the go.  I might get some more of these as well in the next few days.  I am very low on tinned goods at the moment which I do not like at all. Rome was not built in a day though.

I have also bought in a couple of packs of sweet peppers as I have a couple of preserving projects in mind for these in the next few days a long with a lot of projects as well.  I really need to get my finger out and get a wriggle on. At least all the jars are ready (all scrubbed up and ready for their preserves; the ones I washed up the other day).

I also treated myself to a couple of bottles of the Caramel Frappuccino by Starbucks.  That is now four little bottles I have for canning fruit juice, syrups or cordials later on.  These bottles are a very useful size.  They are currently on offer @ £1.25 per bottle.  I intend to carry on collecting these for the foreseeable for the bottles as much as anything but I do like the drink. Therefore that is a "win-win" as far as I am concerned. Something for the here and now to drink and recycling something that potentially could end up in Landfill!

I am hopeful to get to the veg shop again this week to see if they have any bargains and to hopefully get some more of the Howgate Wonder cooking apples.  I am looking for reduced apples, lemons and oranges at the moment.  I need to replenish my orange, lemon, lime and mixed citrus sugars for baking.  I have found this to be extremely useful since making it last autumn especially in baking and for pancakes. f I can get more eating apples I might also get some Apple wine underway as well.  I need enough for at least 2 gallons of wine at a time. Will see what I can locate.

Have been to physio and we were given the option of keeping on with a weekly class or a fortnightly class.  I have opted for the two weekly class as at the end of the day I will get more classes and more time to exercise.  I will therefore not be attending class next week but the week after.  I will keep up the routine of exercises I have been following at home in the interim.

I was planning on crafting this evening however have not got to that so that is another evening without my doing something.  Cannot be helped these things happen but it is frustrating.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow evening.

Tea tonight has been Scampi, chips and baked beans for me with bread and butter on the side.  G has had egg, chips and beans.  He could have had the Scampi but he couldn't fancy it.

So tomorrow morning will be a case of rewind, regroup and repeat the outline plans I had intended to initiate today.

Hope everyone is ticking along nicely.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts