Things to achieve today Day Two

Unfortunately things went to pot.  We had a very disturbed night last night there was some fracas going on in the street where I live, and then I could not get to sleep subsequently I ended up oversleeping quite drastically and I have felt quite out of sorts as a result.  I tend to be like a "bear with a sore head" if deprived of sleep and then crashing as a result. It is not in my nature to give in easily, and so I am just moving Day Two's planned events forward a day which will give me chance to come too and then get back on plan and give me time to recuperate. As I am typing this G is flat out in the company of Missy and Mischief. One of them is catching flies, one of them is sprawled and running the Grand National and the other hugging the bed! Although I am tired still, I will end up with a headache if I have a nap now.  I will therefore just go to bed earlier tonight to play catch up.  Not a disaster, but I had not anticipated things going upsticks at such an early stage.  Just having to work round things as they happen.  Back to focus!

In any event the reconvened Day Two is as follows;

I have a more simplified plan for today.  I baked scones and Flapjacks yesterday and so there is enough in the tins for each of us for a couple of days or so.  Will do a little more baking when we are getting to the end of that.  It is just good to have something in the tins to pick on if needed.

 Plans for today include the following:

  • Breakfast today Porridge and/or toast;
  • Make a bread loaf;
  • Finish off Broccoli and Blue Cheese soup.  Have left overnight to cool down and allow the flavours to develop.  Will be heated through and cheese added and then be whizzed down and stored in the fridge for eating. 
  • Make sugar syrup for making Pears in Syrup later in the day;
  • Start roasting tomatoes for Tomato sauce;
  • Have some lunch soup or sarnie like a toasted sandwich;
  • Bottle Pears in syrup;
  • Finish off the Chicken Stock and process it;
  • Carry on working on the kitchen;
  • Get some of the ironing done;
  • Cook a Rice pudding;
  • Cook tea Could be pizza again (although I had planned on making this on Saturday coming) or some pasta.  Will probably be the pasta as I have sauce in the fridge to use up (and a bottle for my preserving stash to be recycled)  Not sure yet.  In any event we are having the Italian sausages and mixed roasted veggies tonight (recuperate day) for tea in any event.
Each day will vary and will be planned in accordance with other things that are going on in my life and the time I think I will have available to me.  Kitchen is the main goal this week, although I may play "hookey" if the weather is any good to start closing down the garden.  Yet again will be working this in tranches for my sanity more than anything else.

Although the Sun has been out today to me it has been chilly, and as the afternoon has gone on, it has felt chillier as the shadows begin to grow longer and fall.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening, keep warm and keep safe wherever you are.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. That's an ambitious list. I'm bringing in house plants today. It's been getting close to freezing at night so it's best to bring them in now. Good luck with your tasks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. Hopefully fingers crossed will get through it in time. More preserving items than anything else for Day 2, but they have to be slotted in somewhere. Hope you rescued all your plants from the elements. When the frost starts hitting that is when I wish I had a conservatory. Take care Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts