A Pottering sort of Day

 but nothing substantial accomplished although I have been sorting through the under-stairs cupboard.  I had to do this in to add in the Forest Fruit Mincemeat that has been made yesterday after getting it labelled up so that I know what it is.  I have added these in along with the other items recently made.  Still a load more stuff to make and I am finding other recipes that I would like to try as well.  The jars have been stored under the stairs for the time being more so that I do not end up breaking the jars more than anything else.  The under-stairs cupboard needs sorting and re-arranging but not yet.  We have the Pantry to sort out first although I have been sorting items to go in there in any event - they cannot go in the Pantry until everything is sorted.


We had a fry up for breakfast this morning using up bits and bobs in the fridge and also a jar of the Mushrooms I preserved at the beginning of September in lard and then stored in the fridge.  They are delicious and I certainly intend to make them again





After that it was down to dealing with Laundry and getting that dry but hopefully that is everything done for the week.  No doubt there will be a few stragglers somewhere along the line.

Tonight as a result of having the big breakfast, (we did not want much to eat).  My appetite is not a big one in any event these days and in the end decided to make some hand-cut French Fries.  These went down a treat, served with some Garlic and Herb mayonnaise.  Very tasty.

So very much a quiet day as I say where nothing substantial done but lots of little bits that will eventually build up into something.

A lot is planned to do tomorrow in any event; will just have to see how things go.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts