Update on the Kitchen

It has been a long and slow hard slog trying to lick the kitchen into shape.  This is the first room that is being sorted out for Christmas and it has been an absolutely painful and tedious task.  Not helped by me not being 100% but it is what it is and I am at long last getting there. Everything has been scrubbed within an inch of its life.

Thus far have managed to get all the lower cupboards washed out and the contents sorted out and organised a little better than they were.  Lower Cupboard doors have also been washed down and polished up. I have used some of my Lemon vinegar cleaner and the room smells quite pleasant as well as being an excellent degreaser.

The shelves with the Electric small cooker and the Microwave have been scrubbed down and the two appliances cleaned as well.  I keep my washing soda crystals and Borax substitute underneath these shelves in a couple of small boxes. I bought a bulk supply a while back and have been wading my way through it.  Will soon have to order some more. There is also some of my white vinegar stored there at the moment out of the way.  However this may be swapped out soon with some of my Lemon and Orange cleaning vinegar bottles.  It is an ideal place to store it and it is all cleaning equipment. Not far from the washing machine and the soap powder cupboard!  Under the sink has the rest of the cleaning stuff; so reasonably organised.

The sink area has been scrubbed and bleached down and underneath sorted out; in the process making a list of items for next time that I go to Home Bargains for soap powder which is also on the list.

The top of the units have been cleared down. I keep a lot of electrical and other equipment stored on top of the upper cupboards as no cupboard space for these items in the cupboards.  

The upper cupboards have been washed out and organised a bit better including my condiments cupboard. I have a small cupboard which I keep my milk powder, wine making yeast and other items, yeast, etc.  My drinks cupboard has also been sorted out that holds my coffee, tea, herbal teas etc. The condiments cupboard holds all sorts of bits and bobs. I do love it when everything is sorted out though and I can find stuff easily.  Fortunately I have managed to find a small stool.  I do struggle with getting into the cupboards, and this one collapses (folds is perhaps a better word - otherwise I would be in a mess) which means I can get into the cupboards a lot more easily

The corner cupboard alongside the cooker has been wiped out and re-arranged.  Some more items have also been added (squeezed) in.

The dishwasher has been put on a cleaning cycle as has the washing machine.  Both have also had a good scrub down on the outside of the machines as well and buffed up. Stainless steel outers so want them to look their best.

The top of the Dishwasher has some stuff stored on it including my dehydrator which is going to be moved into the dining room so in due course more kitchen relevant items can be stored on top i.e. my Canner and preserving pans.  The current equipment that is on top of the dishwasher, all that has to come down as we need to get the dishwasher on the floor, in order to get the old tumble drier out of the bathroom and then on to the tip.  It is a bit of a tight spot to get it through and not easy to do at the best of times. Have to be in the right mood to tackle it.  The old one was moved into the bathroom out of the way when the new one was put in. The new tumbler is in the dining room though.  I need the space in the bathroom.  We then need to get the dishwasher back on top of the unit (after the wall has been painted).  Hopefully will be accomplished by the end of the week.

G has tackled the new electric strip light and installed that.  He tackled that today but it took a lot longer than anticipated (always does in this house), 

The floor has been scrubbed up.  It desperately needs new flooring, but we can only do what we can do and there are always priorities or other things that need doing before planned items.  Maybe sometime in the New Year!

Still quite a bit to do  although most of the actual cleaning has been completed.  Once the kitchen is completely painted out can then get to the Pantry and get that bottomed out, washed, painted and organised.  Once that is all done G can then continue with the main bathroom as all the stuff put out of the way on emptying the Pantry will no longer be there but back where it belongs in the Pantry.  Hopefully things will then start to get easier from being organised far more which will make a welcome change.  Then it will be the next room!  Fingers crossed this time it all goes to plan.

So getting stuck in despite the limitations. At least things are moving forward which they definitely were not for a time.

Still loads to do but gradually getting there. Also at some point in the week going to be downing tools to do a bit of preserving too.

Keep safe and warm where ever you are and have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. It sounds like you have this under control. Deep cleaning is a lot of work and always makes a mess in another part of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra, I am hoping so. I have been breaking things down a bit more although it is taking longer. Kitchen is always the worst to clean I think overall, but it needs doing. We live in a terrace, and it is a case of having to put stuff out of the way whilst you deal with the immediate situation and then build it back in.xx Hope you are okay xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts