Boxing Day

 I had a lay in this morning and I am not apologetic about it.  I needed it after yesterday's efforts and more particularly with the fact that when I went to bed I could not settle and was awake for quite a while.  Just could not relax and settle.  Things are changing again and I always sense changes.

I then had a couple of hours baking in the kitchen which I really enjoyed as I could take my time.  I made fresh hot sausage rolls mixing dried Sage in with the sausage meat mixture.  I was also going to do a batch with onion relish in as well.  Maybe with the next batch as I still have more sausage meat and puff pastry in the fridge to use up.  



I also made Banana Loaf (three of as I was using up some old Bananas and made a double batch).  Two of the loaves are small singles and the third is a large double sized one.  Must say am very pleased with how they have come up.  

Also made a big batch of Golden Sultana Scones.  One of my normal batch which is a double recipe.  I have managed to get 15 large Scones from the mix.

For tea tonight therefore we had lots of leftovers of Ham, Turkey, Stuffing, sausages, my homemade Christmas Chutney and ketchup with a slice of bread and butter.  Went down very nicely.



Then had the choice of the Scones, hot sausage rolls or the Banana bread for afters.  Must say that it went down very nicely indeed.  Particularly pleased with how all the meat has turned out.  Still will not be doing the Beef tomorrow.  Might have it at the weekend instead.  Will see how things go.



I have started another couple of the Rick Stein fruit loaves which will hopefully get completed tomorrow.  That is nice, especially served with some of my homemade plum jam.

I do love to bake however I am quite limited by the kitchen and space that I do have. It is quite frustrating, but then I do love to cook.  I really need to be able to have a big work table for me to work effectively in the kitchen, but unfortunately there is not enough room for the same.  

Will probably make up some Coconut cheesecakes, Mince Pies and some shortbread tomorrow. Pastry is already made up just needs rolling and shaping. Will see how things go.

Tomorrow I have a visit to the Hospital Physiotherapy Department for another catch-up with the Physio.  Arm is better than it has been, but still not right although seem to have a little more movement with it than last time.  I am being persistent.  Have to be at the hospital for 12 noon.  Appointment normally takes about 30 minutes.

Better set my alarm clock for an early start tomorrow.

To boot it is a Full Moon tonight as well.  The last full moon of 2023.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas break.

Keep warm and keep safe.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts