Today was a bit of a Disaster

Last night was horrendous as our Jack Russell kicked off tap dancing across the laminate at regular intervals after food.  Anyone would think that we starve her.  Quite the reverse however. She had been fed some chicken scraps earlier (as well as the cat) and both had received a big bowl of food each. Missy even popped her nose into the cats bowl ate some of that and then started crunching biscuits.  She is as deaf as they come these days and not so steady on her pins and despite numerous tries to stop her she just was not having any of it.  She eventually settled down and left us absolutely shattered and like "death warmed up".  Sorry I just am not a happy person if I have not had a regular amount of sleep.  As a result of such antics we of course overslept and all my plans went out of the window as is frequently the case here.

Therefore rather belatedly in the day, I have decided that I am going to still do what I had planned on doing yesterday i.e. the chicken stock, the chicken pie, the chicken stew, the chicken noodle soup.  The egg custard tart, the rice pudding (with added double cream which needs using up and then to be served with home preserved Strawberries and syrup) the apple pie, some scones and a Banana Bread. I also have a couple of bread loaves to make.  So it is very much going to be all go in the kitchen and I want a straight run at things.

So at this point in time nothing started it will be about 4pm before I will be able to get going with the cooking. This is also the reason for a much earlier post today as I do simply just want to be able to get on.

In the interests of quickness therefore, tonight's tea will be a simple scratch tea i.e. Egg and chips.  After all we have had two roast dinners for Saturday and Sunday and are to reap the benefits of the remains.  Nothing is going to be wasted.

Also have plans another day of making Cheese and Broccoli soup and French Onion soup with some of the chicken stock.

I had also planned on cleaning out the fridge today, but that is now going to have to wait until tomorrow.

I will also be soaking some fruit overnight for the Rick Stein's tea loaf which will then make tomorrow.  So there is rather a lot going on.

Hope everyone is keeping well.  Been dull and dismal here for the best part, it is after all Winter.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Good grief - a to-do list that long and you're not even STARTING till 4 p.m.? You must be mad! I would have to start just after breakfast if I was going to do vast amounts of cooking, but that's me. 8.30 p.m. and I've had it. I hope you got it all done anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Started at 4pm. Finished 6:30pm. Got quite a bit done. Will start again at 12 noon tomorrow and finish at 6:00pm if not before but most of the prep has been done and I have cooked his Lordship some tea as well. Pastry is in the fridge in readiness. Stock made, Scones and Banana bread made. Chicken stripped and I managed to get to the shop. Better day today xxx Hope you and Keith are getting there hugs Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. I agree, that is quite the list under any circumstance and starting at 4:30....not a chance for me. I'm impressed you got it done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts