A Bright but.....

a very cold day here.  Well I have been cold despite being wrapped up.  The day did not start as expected. We managed to sneak out without Missy being aware of the fact which is an achievement in itself. Went to see the Egg man but no sign of him.  G is going to try again.  Fortunately I still have eggs, and I can always get them from the Veg shop.  The eggs we had from the Egg Man though were really large, golden coloured and well worth the money.

We then went on to do a bit more shopping, but more on that under the Kitchen Capers episode which should be up and running for tomorrow morning. I am trying to organise things a bit more than I have been doing thus far.

By the time we got back, I then ended up babysitting the dog and the cat as G had to go to Graffham Water.  Cannot leave these two in the same room on their own at the moment as Mischief lashes out unnecessarily and without cause. Missy just wants to be friends, however if the cat goes for her she stands her ground which does not always help.  We had segregated Mischief off from Missy when we were out earlier.  Worse than children it really is.  I think what makes it worse is that when Mischief was resident with her Mum Molly downstairs, Missy and Mischief used to rub noses in passing no aggression at all.  With Missy being elderly anyway, she gets upset if Mischief is nasty.  For the best part they get on very well, all told.   It is what it is Cat and Dog though!

I was not in the mood to cook tonight.  We had a big meal last night and I think my stomach needs a night off to recover.  I ended up having some of the lovely blue cheese Beauvale No 1 with Pumpkin, Seed and Oat Ryvita which I also like.

The washing machine has been dealing with a batch of towels on a boil wash (several loads) during the day.  Have a lot of bathroom towels and animal towels in a separate pile as well. I now have to get the tea towels on before I run out again which ends up halting progress elsewhere, so I do try and get things done in advance a little bit. That should be the last wash of today.  However there are some more clothes  for washing tomorrow and then the bedding laundry.  I love the smell of clean washing.  Must admit though that I do like my towels dried in the tumbler dryer.  Makes the towels soft and fluffy. The bonus is that my tumble dryer is a condenser version and as a result I can use this collected water for my steam iron, without having to pay out for deionised water.  Further information here:  Deionised Water Must say am very pleased with the new washing machine, although still getting used to the smaller drum.  Consider myself very lucky.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get a load more stuff out of the Pantry so that I can start on washing out the Pantry.  As I have mentioned before I am sorting things as I go along so that like for like is together and it should in theory make things a lot easier to re-pack into the Pantry.  G has some shelves to sort out for me.  One has fallen off the wall and there are a couple at the bottom which I no longer need on the wall. I have plans to put my stone crocks down either side of the wall where these shelves were.  So creeping along with another project as well behind the scenes.  It is a lot of work, but happier with the progress being made.

Right am off to potter.

Have a lovely evening, keep safe and warm.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts