A Slower Day

 I have not been rushing around much today just taking life as it comes - very slowly at the moment.  Just pottering going from project to project.  Have a big pile of washing on the go again so will be working through that for the next couple of days or so and getting it dry.  I love the smell of fresh laundry and there is a great deal of satisfaction for me in getting everything nice and clean and sorted again.

It has been a bitterly cold day here again, bright but cold which is something.  I am warm apart from my hands and my toes - the usual culprits.  I am moving around trying to get my system moving where I can.  In reality though that does not happen every day.  That is why today has been a slower day out of need more than anything else.  I will get there!

Organisation of Pantry contents is going along, a bit day by day.  I now have a stack of bags with goodies in that have all been sorted out with like for like.  Some boxes as well, and still a lot more to go yet.  It is creeping along and I have been having an hour or so every day doing a little bit.  There is a lot of stuff that can be used for Pantry projects there as well, but we want everything in the cleaned out Pantry before I start dipping my toe in that one.  The only Preserves I am going to be making in the next week or so are going to be made from fresh items where I want to use the product at its best.

Last night I managed to trace and cut out 200 patchwork inner templates (the ones for tacking the material to), and so I have managed to get myself back on track with trying to achieve my 500 inner templates by the end of the week in order that I can move onto the next phase.  I am going to have to get my ironing board out to iron some of the fabric flat before I trace the outer template for the patches.  It is the one thing I am really finicky about is that if I am sewing anything then the fabric needs pressing before placing pieces, and also seams etc. as I go along.  Something learned which has stayed with  me since my O Level dressmaking course. Sorry if you are not into crafting or creating I am always messing around with other things as well as cooking, homemaking etc.  There is always something to do and no time to get bored and it is another side to who I am.

I am trying as much as I can (despite limitations) to trying to make the most of the time I do have and get things moving and sorted for future plans. Rather than prevaricate (which I am also a Master at doing), I am actually trying to get stuck in and do things more than I have in the past. I am trying to do things of a similar nature together and also trying to slot in if not every day every few days or so something that would otherwise get overlooked and left.  Giving matters of higher priority more focus and I am trying to enjoy it as well.

Tea tonight has been a full roast Chicken dinner with all the trappings.  Very much in need of this, plus will have a ready made meal for tomorrow as well which should free me up to do some other stuff. Making time where I can.



Chicken without the gravy


Chicken with gravy



Dinner was delicious. Tomorrow's tea is cooked to boot and not anything ready made.  All ingredients turned into a tasty tea without a pre-bought item in sight.  Each time you buy something ready made although a time saver, it is not a penny saver.  There will be at least a 50% to 60% markup because it has changed into something else i.e. not an ingredient an item. I would rather therefore work with the raw ingredients and turn them into something  with no nasties in that is tasty, and provides for at least two meals which a chicken will.  We have had a roast today and a roast tomorrow.  There will then be a chicken stew and chicken stock.  Everything is prepared and cooked just have to warm everything up tomorrow. Cooking like this saves me having the oven on each day for a lengthy period of time, so saves time and energy and is good for your health plus you get the amount that you would like to eat not a miniscule amount.

Photos to follow later on.

Very cold here again 1 degree C at the moment (probably warmer than elsewhere).

Have a lovely evening,  keep safe and keep warm.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts