Another Potter and more work done

 Still wading through the washing.  Going to have another day of this by the looks of things.  Will probably get everything done and dusted by tomorrow night.   That will be a good job out of the way with.  However that has had a knock on effect with another project I had in hand and has affected this by a day.  I can only do what I can do.  These things are sent to try us.

It has been another cold, wet and grey day.  I am still not really in the mood for eating.  So will be something simple for tea tonight.  Probably sausages and tomatoes for tea and maybe a blancmange for pudding.  Something simple and not too strenuous that will hit the spot.  Does not have to be expensive as long as I fill my criteria of one hot meal a day am quite happy about this although will be looking to cook stew, roast pork, soups later on in the week. Maybe even a vegetarian style Lasagna or some pastry dishes.  Quite fancy some homemade Cornish style pasties to be served with mashed potato and other veggies and gravy.  Will see how it goes.  I must say that although not a Vegan I am looking at some of the recipes which are more vegetarian based more than anything else to make the most of the budget, give me some healthier eating with a view to trying to get myself more on an even keel rather than constant highs and then lows.  Trying to keep myself motivated and moving. Trying different ways to get round things.  I do not give in easily and am not naturally a negative person, but at the end of the day I am only human.  Nil Desperandum and all that jazz.

I am looking to get some baking done later in the week.  However there are a few things I need to do before can get to that point. I would quite like to get a bit of cake and some pastries back into the tins again.

More tidying up has gone on in the kitchen today.  I am slowly starting to make some room to put some of the stuff out of the Pantry so that it is all organised and sorted easily once Pantry is finished.

Later in the week I am also hoping to get back into the swing of things of making alternative pantry items myself, making and using items that I will get the maximum use out of.  I have always been about buying ingredients and knowing how to use them or make things to use at home.  

A Pantry changes with the items you cook at home and usually over time or in phases.  It is however really down to taste and flavours as no one of us will necessarily have the same tastes as our neighbours. 

Tonight for tea we did have the chipolata sausages cooked with chopped tomatoes, pepper,  and seasoning.  Was very tasty and went down well.  We have had a big bowl of blancmange for afters.  Does not have to be complicated, or exotic just enough.

The wind is up with the latest storm and the temperature has also dropped again.

I am going to settle down for the evening and do a little crafting.

Keep safe, keep warm wherever you are.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts