Good Evening Everyone

 Things have been quite busy here, but I have hit a proverbial "Pot Hole" We intend weather permitting on Monday to dispose of the old washing machine, and hopefully the Tumble Dryer down to the tip, together with any other bits that need disposing of.  I am hoping the weather is fine again tomorrow and not too chilly so that can do some initial clearing.  Probably the first of several tranches in clearing, but it is mostly bulk items that will be going to the tip then.  I am currently engaged in trying to sort the bathroom out in order to make sure that we have a clear run to take the tumbler out from the bathroom to kitchen.  It has to be lifted onto the kitchen worktop from the bathroom floor.  Then from kitchen to the back door.  Things are tight, but that is what I am endeavouring to do at the moment.  Think now it will be the end of the week before the Pantry will be finished.  A lot of work has been achieved, but there is still a lot more work to be done and not necessarily where I am working, but whilst am there clearing it as we go along.

So in the greater scheme of things not much apparent movement, but there has been a lot of work done to get us to this point.  Hopefully all the ancillary work will make the actual makeover appear as though it has happened "all at once".  Although you and I know that is not the case in the longer term.  I am not bothered as long as I get things sorted so that we can get onto the next phase of things overall.

Before the dishwasher can be moved, I have to take off the Dehydrator off the top of it and move it through to the dining room hopefully to where I want to have it long term. Then the dishwasher needs moving, so that we can get the tumbler through to the kitchen.  So it is reels within reels very much at the moment.

Putting in my little trolley table in the kitchen has made a bit of difference in me being able to organise myself a little more.  I will try and look out for a couple of more as I think one will be useful in the dining room probably for the coffee machine and another in the kitchen for one of the bread machines.  As I have said it is a tiny kitchen, not lots of storage space although we have given it more, and only two double sockets.  It very much is a matter of juggling what I have to achieve what I want to do.

Fingers crossed that everything goes to plan.  The past few days have felt a little brighter overall and am hoping that this lasts and I am able to really get stuck in and hopefully feel that I will have achieved something at the end of the process.  Let us just say that it is not because of lack of effort.  Realistically I have an awful lot to do.  I also want to get started early in the garden this year as well. Plus I also want to prep for Christmas 2024 in all sorts of areas as well.  Oh well tiz just the depth as I keep telling everyone.  I do not believe in taking the easy way or giving in easily either!  Fingers crossed that things get better in time. I always hope and believe in the best of everything for everyone. I believe in working with my hands, working with what I have, adapting, adapting, adapting as things change and getting there one way or another at the end of the day. Sometimes it is the journey that is the lesson not the destination although that plays its part.

I have the Physio this Wednesday at 12 noon.  Think it may be my last appointment overall, depends whether she is happy to release me or not.  I just have to keep doing what I have been doing to try and keep things on an even keel which is sometimes easier said than done.

We had beautiful sunshine yesterday.  It was nature's balm to grey days and was just what the Doctor ordered.  Here's hoping that as we move further into this New Year, and the light returns bit by bit that it will give so much more energy overall.  That would be truly liberating.  Fingers crossed, toes plaited and all that jazz.  

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Good afternoon from over here. This sounds like a lot of work. Hopefully there are some strong men around to help move those appliances. We have had foggy, dreary weather for days. It's getting old. I wish you good luck in the disposal of these large items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, yes have one male who will do the bulk of it with some assistance/hindrance from myself. I cannot lift things very well these days but I can give a shove where necessary. Also have daughter's old cooker to take to the tip as well. Will be a couple of trips at least I think especially with some of the other stuff that has to go. Cold here again tonight. Grey gets me down that is why was so happy to see the sun. You take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. I live in a two hundred year old cottage with narrow doors - I dread it when I have to replace an appliance - it’s a bit like doing a jigsaw puzzle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This house is over 160 years old. It is a Victorian Terrace, just a rental property to the Landlord though sadly. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts