In real Life

I attended my physio appointment this morning and it has been decided that as I seem to have managed to achieve a lot more upper arm strength than I had done, since the relapse following the class finishing, that I have a three month period of grace with the physio department.  This essentially means, that if I have any further problems within this initial period I just need to get in touch with them and arrange an appointment to see someone.  After the three month period I will need to go through Doctor referral again.  Apparently my right arm damage on the tendon is two ruptured tendons and the other two have severe issues.  Ellen is therefore pleased that I have kept at things, but we both realistically know that this can be an up and down situation.  However, as I indicated to her, at least I now have a strategy in place to try and put things right if they deteriorate which my system has shown can happen quickly; but at least have brought it back better than before the end of the class. When I lost all the strength again more or less overnight that did flummox me.  Ellen my Physio has been exceptional and she has listened to me throughout. I really appreciate that, as often people do not really listen or indeed scratch the surface. As I said to her if I cannot achieve things one way I will change tactics and approach it in a slightly different manner.  This seems to have worked for me, but I never have been one to take no for an answer!  I am grateful to have been able to do what I have been able to do and am intent on maintaining this.  I am of course not only dealing with myself but G who can be up and down quite a bit.  It is what it is.

Now to concentrate on other things.

This year seems all about focus so far.  Perhaps it is about time that I started to sort out other areas of my life as well. Realistically though it is going to take quite a bit of time and I am not sure I have that. Will keep chipping away.

I have a couple of invitations to a wedding and a surprise party this year as well.  Fingers crossed can get to them.  I will be on my own,  but am determined to get there.  Family is important to me and always has been.  It is just sometimes you cannot do things when you actually want to do so.

Tonight we have had steak pie for tea with veggies.  Gone down very nicely.

Has been a colder chillier day.  Looks as though it is going to be a brighter although chilly day tomorrow.  Plan on having an early start as I have a lot to get through tomorrow.

Hopefully tomorrow night I will be able to indulge in some self-care.  My nails are very brittle again and need some TLC.  My hair also needs washing and sorting out.  So fingers crossed will be able to indulge myself for a little while tomorrow evening.  The day is going to be a busy one in the kitchen, bathroom and the Pantry.  There is a lot to do and the sooner my attention is turned to the matter in hand the better.  Still also need that tip run.  Hopefully the tumble dryer will be removed tomorrow together with the washer.  Will see how it goes.

I am desperate to get to play cooking wise in the kitchen, but that will have to wait until I have these other issues sorted out.  Once the jobs in hand have been achieved will turn to the cooking.  Someone is not very happy about that however, I only have one pair of hands and as most of the doing tends to come down to me he will have to bear with it!

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Keep safe, keep warm.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts