Kitchen Capers - Plans for items for the Pantry/Fridge/Something for the Tins

After a slight detour I thought that it was about time I got back into the saddle and the swing of things with regard to my food efforts here and my efforts to make the most of what comes my way.

I have been very lucky to this month be able to put up a few tinned items for long term storage/use for the Pantry shelf as outlined in recent posts.  I have made a concerted effort this month despite limited funds to concentrate on buying other staple items as well.  This has been worrying me as I have been rapidly reaching the end of supplies, despite dipping into them for quite a period of time.  I am aiming to start to replace those items as best as I can although in a very limited way to how I previously used to stock up on things.  It is what it is though.  In any event, I have always been more of a Squirrel when it comes to the Pantry making and gathering stuff to ensure that food security is provided but at minimum cost where I can.  For instance I use very small tins of evaporated milk when I make a rice pudding.  It gives a creamier and richer taste.  Next month I may therefore look to buy in a tray of these tins for keeping long-term in the Pantry.  I shall attempt to add as much as I can in the months to come.  However, it will not just be bought goods it will be homemade goods as well.

These are the items I will be concentrating on to start with.  These are just the initial few, there are loads more waiting in the wings as the saying goes.  I also want to try and provide options to my Pantry as well such as the cookie mixes being available to cook up quickly when needed.

Dried Items/Pantry Mixes

Dried Bread crumbs

Bread Sauce Mixes

Dried Plain Croutons

Dried Courgettini made using the Spiraliser and then drying the Courgettini in the Dehydrator.

Homemade dried Pasta.  I am hoping to get some more of the nice eggs again this weekend and intend to make the pasta with them.

Sage and Onion Stuffing Mix

Pancake/Waffle Mix 

Pancake Mix

Dumpling Mixes both plain and with herbs

Homemade Peanut Butter.  I have made this before and the link to how I made this is here:

Homemade Peanut Butter

Cookie Mixes

Some of these have been made before some of them are new to me.   I am going to work with them to see whether they prove an asset to my Pantry in any event.  That is the only way I will find out if these recipes and items are for me or not.

So tentative steps again.  Hopefully will get quite a percentage done of these quite quickly.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts