Kitchen Capers Thursday 19 January 2024

 We already have a chicken in the fridge and a Pork Loin joint.  Plans were to have the Chicken tonight (Thursday) but instead OH is going to have some chicken wings and as I am not a big fan I will sort something else out for myself.  Probably some soup will see how it goes.  Chicken dinner therefore will happen tomorrow night instead and we will have the Pork Loin roasted on Sunday.

G also went to the Butcher yesterday to pick up a few things bearing in mind I do not have much room in the fridge at the moment.  He has come back with a big pack of bacon, sausages, a Gammon joint and some stewing steak which should keep us going for a few days; will be making stew as it is so cold, but I also fancy a repeat of the Beef Bourguignon.  My sort of food and oh it was so tasty. New eggs should be arriving on Saturday.

I do need to get stocked up on veggies and some fruit though as apart from the few veg I bought yesterday I am still using up tailings left over in the fridge, the majority of which will probably go towards some soup.  I love proper homemade soup.  I also like some other bought soups.  I have some tinned soup in at the moment so I will have some Tomato soup and some bread followed by a crisp sandwich.  Bought a big box of crisps the other day.  That should suit me just fine for my tea me thinks.  Am easily pleased.

I also need to get some cleaning stuff, soap powder, conditioner, stain remover, loo rolls, bin bags, washing up liquid etc.  Hopefully can get there to pick up in the next day or so to make sure have a healthy supply for the month or a little longer.

I also need a few bits and bobs from the local Asian store as well including coconut oil, fine semolina, dried onion and garlic powders and some sunflower oil if they have it.  Co-op only had vegetable oil which I do not use as I am not keen.  Need it for the Banana bread loaves which I make and also have a recipe for some Chocolate muffins as well.

That should do us for the best part of the month (not everything but the better part of) that I am aware of.  

The other day on my Instagram account I popped up a story regarding a Salter Plant milk machine; a machine to make homemade plant based milks such as oat, coconut, hazelnut etc. 

The link is here to my Instagram account for those interested:

My instagram post re Salter Plant Milk machine


The actual link to the Salter site with details:

Salter Post

I would really love one of these, as despite not being vegetarian I do actually like plant based milks and have been looking at more ways into which to incorporate them into my diet for health reasons.  Especially with regards to puddings.  It is a significant birthday for me soon so fingers crossed I may be lucky.  

This is not an advert, just my own personal impressions from what I have read.  Would really love to try it.

I do have the curd cheese to make either on Friday or Saturday in readiness for making the old English feasting cheesecake that my Nan used to make for us when she was with us.  Will probably start on Friday night with making the curd, then make the pastry tomorrow and finish it off for Sunday night's tea.

Lots to do as usual.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts